"Yes!" Everyone in the class shouted in unison, enthusiasm radiating from their voices. 

"Future…" The young teenager mumbled, her eyes focused on the desk in front of her.

Her future… she had long decided since that accursed day. Over the years, that spark had only ignited into a burning flame. She WILL be a hero, she had been training for years since that day. 

Training solely for that one goal. 

This wasn't just for her mother either… not anymore.

Erumi swiftly grabs the piece of paper handed to her by the person in front of her, but she doesn't fill it out; she just stares at it, her brow furrowed as she holds her pen gently above the sheet, twiddling the cap between her fingers. 

She DID want to be a hero but…

~~•❄•~~

The bell rings, signaling the beginning of lunch break. Erumi closes her notebook with a loud clap and looks back at the paper resting on her desk, she soon hears a voice calling her name.

“Ru!” 

Erumi turned around to find one of her classmates walking toward her. The girl had long curly red hair, reaching down her waist and a pair of large, reptile-like violet eyes, they seemed to narrow as she approached Erumi. 

"Oh Esuna..."

"The one and only," Esuna said with a laugh, a grin curling up her lips. "Missed me?"

Erumi grumbled in reply, shaking his head before looking back down at the paper on her desk. "Ignoring me already? That's mean Ru....!" Esuna pouted, but it was quickly replaced by a smile. She didn't mind too much, if anything it gave her the chance to tease her childhood friend more, and oh did she love teasing people. "Hmm? What are you looking at? The survey?" She moved closer, resting her arms on Erumi's shoulders, the weight of her body making the girl wince.

"Unless you want to become a human iceberg, I suggest you let go of me." Erumi pushed Esuna’s arm away. "I can't focus when you're distracting me with your useless chatter."

She liked her personal space… and so did Esuna apparently. 

"Ooh, Did I bother the ice queen? my apologies," Esuna giggled as she sat down on the desk. "But you know, even if you did use your ice, I can just melt it with my flames." She flicked her fingers, giving a small smirk as a black and purple flame ignited from her fingertips, "So sorry~ Your Quirk doesn't work on me." She moved her fingers around, watching as the flames swirled around. 

"And I can easily extinguish your flames if I wanted to but it's not worth the effort," Erumi spun the pen around, lazily glancing at her classmate from the corner of her eye, a blank look on her face. 

"You're no fun sometimes…" Esuna huffed in response, crossing her arms, "Anyway, why
haven't you filled out this form already? Hurry up and let's go grab lunch," she pouts at Erumi, urging her to finish. "I am getting hungry."

"That…." Erumi lowered her voice, unsure of how to explain things to her friend. "I'll do it later…" 

"Liar~" Esuna sighed, "I know you better than that. Something is bothering you." She eyed Erumi, her expression laced with worry, "With your skill and family connections, you can easily pass the U.A's recommendation exam."

"I could… Whether it be the recommendation exam or the entrance exam I am confident I can handle both with ease but this isn't the problem," Erumi stated glancing outside the window, watching as the students walked around the courtyard.