Chapter 22: A Baseball Idiot being lost

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to scare ya"

The shorter, brown haired Todoroki was keeping his distance in the meantime, munching on two bananas simultaneously, one in each hand. Sora could clearly see the x-shaped scar on his cheek and she wondered what could've happened to him.

"Ah, no that's absolutely fine. It wasn't your fault, I was spacing out"

"So, did you come to watch our practice today?"

"Huh? Oh, uhm... No. Not exactly. I mean you two were the reason I stopped on my way, but you weren't the reason for me being here in the first place"

"Mhh, mysterious..."

"Sorry, I don't make any sense right now. Let's just say I heard a lot of noise and came over because I was curious?"

"Oh, that makes sense indeed. That would've been our Raichi over there. He's kind of a savage"

"Yes, he has some nice swing. That's some scary batting he can do, seriously"

"Heh... So, you do like baseball after all..."

Sanada grinned widely at her, seeming happy about his discovery. Sora snickered along.

"You can say that. I have a bit of knowledge, too"

"Interesting"

"But I'm surprised that you're here. Don't you guys go home for new year and have a few days off?"

"Oh, yeah we do, but we're a public High School, hence no dorm system. Most of our guys are living close, so no need to travel far. We can use our compounds for individual practice as we see fit even if we don't have official practice with our coach"

"I see. That's rather convenient though"

Sora was kinda envious since the practice fields and also the indoor spaces at Seidou were always occupied somehow. If you wanted to do individual practice, you basically had to search for an open spot somewhere and if you were very unlucky, someone noticed you had found a place and followed you, so you most likely had to share.

"It is", Sanada affirmed, sounding proud.

Apparently going to a public school also had advantages like that.

"So, tell me princess, if you're not here because of us, then what are you up to instead?"

"Ah!"

Sora blushed in embarrassment, earning a cocked eyebrow and a mischievous little smirk from Sanada.

"Hm?"

"It's uh... kinda stupid, so promise me you won't laugh, please?"

"I'd never, I swear!" Sanada gave back in a playful voice. "A gentleman doesn't make fun of a troubled princess"

Sora sighed. He seemed like a good and trustworthy guy and she needed help anyway, so it was whatever.

"Me and my family moved to Tokyo not such a long time ago and I usually live in the dorms of my private High School, so I'm only home for the few days of new year", she started explaining with the black haired ace nodding along. "My mom asked me to run a little errand for her and I wanted to go to a konbini nearby. Since it's faster when you take the bus for the two stops rather than walking the distance, I hopped on, but unfortunately it seems like I still don't know my stuff around here. It was the wrong bus I took, so..."

"So?"

"So, I'm lost", the blue haired girl admitted meekly. "And because I thought it wouldn't take all too long, I don't have my phone with me either..."