Just like she was afraid she would go into bad habits sooner or later.

"We can't keep doing this is an ever ending cycle..." Elena sighed and placed her elbows on the counter leaning on it.

"I agree I say just let it be until they strike again" aurora added and Elena shrugged agreeing but the brothers weren't as convinced.

Suddenly they were interrupted by the doorbell ringing and they all got up to see who it was only to not find anyone there until Elena looked down to see an envelope on the ground that she picked up and turned around shutting the door.

"What's that?" Damon questioned looking at Elena trying to read the envelope.

"It's an invitation...please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails and celebration..." Elena read off the invitation and looked up.

"The Mikaelsons?" Stefan questioned.

"The original family..." Elena flipped the card over noticing something else written. "Esther wants to meet with me..."

"Nope! She's out of luck then" Damon denied immediately not wanting Elena to go anywhere near the witch.

"Damon, this might be our only choice!" Elena tried to reason with him but everyone knew he was stubborn and there was no way they were going to change his mind.

"I don't care you will not be attending..." Damon snatched the card from Elena's hand then turned around. "Let's go Rory we have to see what we do about this and Elena will stay home"

"I'm going Damon" Elena said again before he walked out causing him to stop.

"No you're not" Damon said as if she would listen then went to walk out while Aurora followed him.

She didn't want to say anything in front of Elena. She knew it would just make a bigger problem and she would cause an unnecessary argument with the four of them so she just kept it in until they reached the car.

Aurora didn't know what to feel about Damon caring for Elena anymore. He obviously cared but he shouldn't as much as he did especially since she was Stefan's girlfriend or at least that's what everyone thought.

"Why don't you just let her be?" Aurora asked turning to her dad knowing it was probably a mistake but she couldn't just sit back and watch him go to extreme lengths to protect Elena.

"Because the original witch is up to no good! They can't see that she just wants to walk into the lion's den and she will end up dead!" Damon replied and Aurora knew his explanation was obvious. They knew that there was no way the witch was just on to having a nice time with her family but she thought that's the solution they wanted.

"But you said she was your only option. What if she needs Elena to make that happen?" Aurora tried her best to remain calm and not invalidate his feelings.

"What if she doesn't?! She already tried to kill her once!" Damon exclaimed and after that Aurora chose to remain silent.

She didn't want to say what was actually on her mind knowing it would cause problems that she couldn't handle at the moment. It seemed as if she was going backwards before she expressed herself no matter what but now she didn't.

She thought that confronting him about it was dumb when it was dumb. Yes Damon wanted to get rid of the originals before to save her but if he cared for aurora more there was a time when he would do anything to keep her safe.

If he didn't care about Elena he would've  never stopped her. He wouldn't care what the girl did if it meant they were safe but it wasn't like that anymore.