06.

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Flashback Chicago 1880-

It had been sixteen years since Damon had turned into a vampire.

Sixteen years since their lives had changed. forever.

It was hard at first he had to admit but he had to get through just for his daughter who he wanted to give the best life possible.

Aurora wasn't a child anymore, she hadn't been for a while now and she had tried to rebel out a little but it wasn't as bad as Damon expected it.

Aurora was a good girl even if Damon was off the hook he had done a good job raising her and now she had turned into a beautiful good young girl.

They had settled in Chicago since Damon was out to get answers about Aurora's witch bloodline. The girl had always had questions about her mothers family.

She already knew that her fathers family was gone. The only one that was left was Stefan but he wasn't around he hadn't been since they turned.

Damon hadn't forgiven him yet.

Aurora knew what her father was. Damon had told her everything about it eventually. He knew he had to when she grew up knowing the girl wasn't going to last forever.

He knew she would wonder why she grew up but he didn't. Why she would get old and he didn't so he had no option but to tell her and she took it well.

Truth was she trusted Damon too much mainly because the only thing they had left was each other.

Aurora had adapted to life in Chicago quickly. She would go out to the city to shop or take some classes or drink tea in the afternoon with the few friends she had made but in all honesty her favorite thing to do was stop at the shoe shop.

She had gone one day to fix up a pair for Damon's birthday and she had met with the most handsome and nicest boy ever.

His name was Benjamin but he always insisted the girl call him Ben.

They had clicked the moment the girl had walked into the shop. He had begun to talk to her while he helped her find some shoes for Damon who he thought were for her husband but after he asked he was happy to learn it was for her father.

After that occurrence aurora had stopped again and again at his request. He wanted to see the girl and it had turned into an everyday thing but Aurora lied about where she would go.

She would tell Damon it was just her usual tea with her friends but he knew she was keeping something.

Aurora made sure she always looked her best when she went out and was always happy after she came back so it only caused him to raise suspicions.