𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓

Start from the beginning

"Exactly, besides the last time I actually drove a car was like, a year ago." I mentioned, not wanting to remember the terrifying thought.

He mused for a moment, going still. "I have an idea. You can drive my Jeep, as practice. I'll take you right now and teach you."

'You're kidding me, right? You drive a Jeep." That thing was huge!

"It'll get you prepared for bigger cars." It didn't seem like a totally bad idea, in fact, it actually seemed good.

"What if I crash it?" I asked.

Damian pursed his lips. "Then we deal with it if that happens. Let's go before Bruiser gets hungry." He gave me no room to reply, putting his shoes on and walking out.

Minutes later, I was shoved into the driver's seat with a pair of keys in my hand, waiting to be inserted into the hole. "Are you sure we should do this? I mean, what if something goes wrong?"

Damian reached over and put my seatbelt over me, taking the keys and placing them in so the engine would light up. "It won't, I'm sure you'll be great, baby. Now, drive out of the garage." He kissed my cheek and returned to the passenger's side.

Okay, I could do this. Aside from the fact, I was driving a humongous Jeep. Gripping onto the steering wheel with both hands, I sucked in a deep breath and expected the car to begin moving, only, I was met with silence and Damian silently laughing under his breath.

"Baby, your foot isn't actually on the accelerator." He mentioned, pointing to the pedal on the floor by my leg.

I glanced down, realizing. "Oh, right. My bad. Stop laughing, it's not funny."

"I'm not, I'm laughing at something else, angel." He lied.

Pressing down on the accelerator, my heart rate picked up once the car started rolling slowly, out of its reserved parking space and onto the lane of the underground garage. Looking both ways through the windows, I turned the vehicle right and pressed down harder on the pedal and kept the wheel straight so the car didn't spin out of control.

Only, when the pace started picking up, my anxiety kicked in and I freaked out, lifting my foot suddenly and forcing the Jeep to come to an abrupt halt. My head flew forward and I shot both hands out on the dashboard to steady myself, bracing for the impact. Except, nothing came.

I opened one eye, squinting, as I noticed we were still in the car park with no one near and I had only moved an inch. Well, that was embarrassing.

"You haven't actually moved more than ten centimeters, babe." Damian stated the freaking obvious, hiding his face with his hand. I fell back into the seat and sighed, wanting nothing more than to crawl into a hole and never come back out.

"This is why I don't do driving. Can't we go back upstairs?" I negotiated.

He looked like he was about to give in, but several honking sounds came from outside and I looked in the mirror, seeing two or more cars sitting behind waiting to get out. "Looks like you're gonna have to drive if you wanna get out of here."

I took one more look back to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and the cars were actually there.

I hate my life.

——————

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Damian muttered, holding on to the bottom of his seat with a firm grip.

I took the key out, eyes wide from the traumatic experience I just had to go through. "Yeah, sure. I only almost crashed into lamp posts about ten times. And an elderly lady." Her throwing up the middle finger is still haunting.