5.1

It had been a few weeks now since Rebekah and Cassie had left New Orleans with Angelique. Once Cassie was sure the two would be okay, a witch placed a cloaking spell on them. Only Cassie knew where they were.

However, Cassie did have a job so she couldn't exactly stay with them. Only this morning she had been called into a mission, one of SHIELD's vessels had been hijacked by pirates. While Steve and Lee were told to save the hostages, Natasha's and Cassie's mission was a little more secretive.

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star," Agent Rumlow explained. "They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them. 93 minutes ago."

"Any demands?" Lee asked.

"A billion and a half."

"Why so steep?" Steve continued to ask.

"Because it's SHIELD's." Agent Rumlow answered.

"So it's not off course, it's trespassing." Lee realised and turned to the others.

Nat turned to her. "I'm sure they have a good reason." She defended.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve added.

Cassie intervened. "Relax. It's not that complicated." She said. "How many pirates?"

Rumlow pulled pictures up on the screen. "25. Top mercs led by this guy. Georges Batroc," Rumlow informed. "Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilised him he had 36 kill missions. The guys got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?"

"Mostly techs, one officer. Jasper Sitwell," Sitwell's picture came up on the screen. "They're in the gallery."

Cassie heard Lee sigh. "What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?"

"All right, Lee and I are gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, Cassie you kill the engines and wait for instructions." Steve told them. "Rumlow, you sweep aft and find the hostages, get them to the life pods and get them out. Let's move."

"STRIKE you heard the captain. Gear up."

Cassie walked over to the parachutes with Nat. "You do anything fun Saturday night?" The redhead asked them all. Lee and Cassie shook their heads in amusement.

"Well, all the guys from my barber shop quartet are dead so, no." Steve told them and Cassie laughed.

"Coming up on the drop zone cap." Lee pressed the green button which opened up the door.

"Oh Cassie, Bernard in accounting was asking about you the other day." Nat continued to talk.

"Oh come on Nat," She replied. "Nothing good has ever come from Bernard in accounting. And by the way! Lee, Steve, I found a really cute restaurant-"

"No!" They both yelled in unison before looking at each other awkwardly. "We're not going on a date." Lee told her.

"Too shy or too scared?" Nat asked, continuing to tease them.

"Too busy!" They both shouted again before jumping out of the jet and into the water.

Cassie heard a few agents talking behind her. "Were either of them wearing a parachute?" One asked and the other laughed before replying with, "No, no they weren't."

The others soon followed but came down slower considering they were wearing parachutes. They met Steve and Lee on the deck surrounded by men on the floor.

"How about you guys go to the movies?" Nat suggested. "I've heard Kingsman: Secret Service is supposed to be quite good."

"Or Divergent," Cassie added.

Lee and Steve shared a glance. "Secure the engine room then find us a date night." Steve said.

"We're multitasking!" And both women jumped over the railings down to the engine rooms.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

The girls split up and Cassie snuck quietly through the doors until she found the staircase that led to the engine room was a bit busy. She asked to the first man who had just put the phone down.

"Hey sailor." She said with a smirk and he smiled back a little.

Suddenly, the Cassie kicked him in the back of the knee causing him to stumble and gave her a chance to hit his head. Cassie quickly wrapped a wire round his neck, using him to throw herself over the railing, shooting the men as she went down the staircase.

When she got to the bottom there was still men there. Cassie snapped one of their necks and pulled the other ones heart out. She narrowly missed the third ones punch before she kicked him in the balls. Twice.

"You missed the first time. Got them both the second time." He groaned on the floor. She rolled her eyes and scoffed before knocking him out.

Cassie had agreed to meet Nat at the computer room so they could back up the hard drive and it seemed she was the first one there. As soon as she plugged in the USB stick, Nat came walking in through the back door.

"How you doing?" She asked.

"I've only just got here," Cassie replied. "By all means, you do it." She let Nat take over and Cassie watched in disbelief at the amount of SHIELD content on there as it downloaded very slowly.

The two women jumped when Steve came crashing through the door with Lee walking in slowly behind. The two soldiers looked at them and walked over.

"What are you doing?" Lee demanded to them.

"Backing up the hard drive, it's a good habit to get into." Cassie told her casually.

"Rumlow needed your help," Steve said. "What the hell are you two doing here?" The two soldiers went quiet and looked at the screen. "You're saving SHIELD intel," They both said.

"Whatever we can get our hands on." Nat confirmed.

"Our mission is to rescue the hostages." Lee reminded her.

Nat shook her head. "No, that's your mission," She said. "And you've done it beautifully."

Cassie went to walk past when Steve grabbed her arm. "You two just jeopardised this whole operation." He told them.

The two spies shared a look. "I think that's over stating things." She stated. They all looked over as Batroc stood up quickly and pulled the pin on a grenade. Without thinking, all of them grabbed each other and jumped through the glass into the next room just as the bomb exploded.

They groaned in pain as they sat up. "Okay, that ones on us." Cassie agreed.

"You're damn right it is." Steve gritted his teeth and walked off with the other girls following. 

Cassie sighed and turned to Lee. "Before you ask why. It's called compartmentalisation," She told Lee. "Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all. Yeah the hostages could've died but we saved SHIELD intel and secrets. In my books? Thats a win. Call me if you want the name of that restaurant."

It had been a very long day.