2.1

words in bold = Russian 

16th of January 1991

She felt satisfaction run through her as she ripped the mans heart out of his chest and she could feel the excitement running through her veins as she sucked the woman dry of her blood. Gun shots could be heard everywhere and screams everywhere else, the hotel wasn't safe anymore. Not from them. One of the men she was fighting tried to rip her mask off so she stabbed him in the neck with a pair of scissors.

"Soldier!" She shouted across the room to the male super soldier. "Let's go."

The pair of them walked through the doors of the hotel to find men scrambling everywhere, they weren't getting away that easily. The soldiers had a mission to do.

"I found him," The male soldier pointed over to the far corner, struggling to get through the door. The female pulled out a knife and threw it so it landed precisely on his hand, pinning it to the wall. The two soldiers walked up to him and the male began searching through his bag.

"You really thought you could hide from us?" The female asked, gently brushing hair out of the small mans face before turning to the male soldier.

The male smirked and held up two pieces of paper, "mission complete." He then turned to the small man. "Any last words?"

The man cried out in pain as his hand continued to bleed. "Go to hell."

The female whispered into his ear, "see you there," before she plunged her hand into his chest and ripped it back out, heart in hand. When the authorities arrived, the soldiers were long gone. But they were greeted with the sight of dead bodies, all over the floor.

Courtesy of The Warrior and The Winter Soldier.

Present

Cassie sat up quickly in her bed, waking up with a gasp. She'd been having nightmares like this since Nik rescued her from that place. Cassie didn't know who the male soldier was, she didn't know what was going on in the dreams, only that she was The Warrior. Cassie didn't know who she was working for or why she was doing it. It was just...there.

The blonde nearly jumped out of her skin when her phone began to buzz from her bedside table. When she picked it up, Cassie saw that it was Coulson calling her.

"Hello?" said Cassie as she groggily answered the phone. "Why are you calling at five in the morning?"

"Good morning to you to Agent Mikaels," replied Coulson, the sarcasm obvious in his voice. "Pack your bags, we're going to Mexico."

Cassie groaned. "But I would be much happier sleeping. Why do we need to go to Mexico?"

"Fury wants us to go, said something about a satellite crash site. I don't actually know."

"Right well, have fun with that. I'll be going back to bed now-"

"I'll be at your apartment in an hour. Be ready," Then he hung up the phone, leaving Cassie to pack a bag at five in the morning.

***

"What the hell is this town?" Cassie asked Phil as they drove through a town in Mexico.

"Doesn't look like a lot of people live here," stated Phil, as he drove to the crash site.

Cassie snorted. "No shit sherlock."

The two Shield agents managed to park the car away from the crash site, but not too far away. When Cassie reached the edge of the cliff, she could see people trying to pull what was supposed to be the satellite, but she didn't think it was actually a satellite. Cars were coming and going, someone was doing a barbecue and others were sat on the floor laughing at those who tried to lift this thing.

Coulson pulled out his phone. "Sir, we found it."

"Good. I need you to find any information you have on it," Fury ordered from the other side. "There's a doctor there, Jane Foster. Apparently she was there the night of the crash. Get her work."

"Yes sir." Coulson put the phone back in his pocket. "Can you find me Jane Foster?"

It didn't take Cassie long to compel a stranger and point her to the woman's house, where they basically stole all her work. It wasn't long before she came storming in.

"What the hell is going on here?" Jane asked, running in with a man and woman beside her.

"Ms Foster I'm Agent Coulson with SHIELD and this is Agent Mikaels," Coulson intorudeced them and Cassie nodded towards the three.

Jane shrugged. "is that supposed to mean something to me?"

"No not really, apart from the fact that we're an agency that deals with threats approved by the government," said Cassie and they all turned to look at her. "I'm just saying!"

The girl with brown, wavy hair and glasses looked at Cassie. "You, I like you."

Jane shook her head, "you can't do this!"

The older man rushed up to her. "Jane this is more serious than you realise. Let it go."

"Let it go? This is my life." The woman was loosing it.

Cassie rolled her eyes and Coulson just followed Jane around. "We're investigating a security threat," Coulson told her.

"We need to appropriate your records and all your atmospheric data," Cassie continued as Jane tried to take her stuff back.

"By 'appropriate' you mean steal?"

Coulson pulled out a check. "Here this should more than compensate you for your trouble." Jane just grabbed it in disbelief.

The scientist threw her hands up in the air. "I can't just buy replacements at Radio Shack, I made most of the equipment myself!"

"Then I'm sure you can do it again. Just take the check and go woman!" said Cassie, getting annoyed at Jane's behaviour.

"And I'm sure I can sue you for violating my constitutional rights!"

"I'm sorry Ms Foster," Coulson apologised. "But we're the good guys."

"So are we! I'm on the verge of understanding something extraordinary. And everything I know about this phenomenon is either in this lab or in this book!"

The idiot just gave herself away, Cassie thought and at that same time, one of the security guards grabbed the book out of her hands. She ran forward to grab it put Cassie used her heightened strength to pull her back. Cassie let go of Jane and smoothed down the crumples in her jacket before fake smiling at her.

"Thanks for your cooperation love," said Cassie before walking back to the car. Man, was this going to be a long day, she thought before they drove off.

hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while I just needed a little break from writing,

anyway, dont forget to vote and comment!

-Liv