1.1

In a small diner in downtown Brooklyn, there sat two girls on a table by the window over looking the street

In a small diner in downtown Brooklyn, there sat two girls on a table by the window over looking the street. Two girls with a very big secret.

"Thank you for paying the bill Lexi, but you didn't have too," Cassie laughed and shook her head.

"Of course I did!" Lexi exclaimed "anyway, what's it like being a free woman Cass?"

Cassie bit her lip, "it feels weird, all my life I've had either Nik or Elijah by my side at all times but no I'm by myself. I'm definitely not complaining though, but what about you?"

Lexi shrugged her shoulders. "I  can't leave Stefan by himself again, especially not now when he's doing so good keeping on the animal diet."

"Oh, Lexi Branson you are too kind for this world!" The two women then said their goodbyes and parted ways to head home. Cassie didn't like walking home alone, she didn't feel safe. She always thought it was silly because she was a vampire and could defend herself easily but she liked to hang on to the human side of her, and if you're not scared you're not human are you?

As Cassie walked past an alley way, she heard grunting from inside, so she decided to take a look. Cassie walked down and saw a boy beating up a boy much smaller than him, although the small one wasn't backing down.

"I can do this all day," the little one said. Before the tall one could throw another punch she grabbed his arm, pulled him back and slapped him in the face.

"You shouldn't have done that, you can't beat me lady," he snarled.

"Oh I very much think I can," Cassie whispered while showing her vampire eyes, the boy sensed the danger in her tone and he ran for it. "Are you alright?"

"You didn't have to do that ma'am, I had him on the ropes,"He said and she handed him a handkerchief for his bloody nose.

Cassie chuckled at him, "it's alright, I can handle men. You were quite brave there, taking on a boy double your size. What's your name?"

He stood up straight, "Steve Rogers ma'am.

Cassie was about to open her mouth when another voice came from behind her. "Hey Stevie boy, you down here? I saw a guy runnin' out of here and-"

He stopped as he locked eyes with Cassie and the two stared at each other for a minute. Not in a creepy way, more of a 'checking you out' way. The guy cleared his thought, not tearing his eyes away from hers, "I'm Bucky, who are you miss?"

Cassie didn't take her eyes away from him either, "I'm Cassie, I was helping Steve, with the guy you saw..."

"Yeah she helped me," Steve said, completely oblivious of the tension between the two.

Eventually, Bucky broke the eye contact and walked over to Steve, "I'm sorry about him, Stevie here just doesn't know when to back down from a fight."

"Oh it's alright, I'm glad I could help." Cassie began to walk off before Bucky shouted her back.

"Do you want to, come to Coney Island with us tonight?" He asked and Cassie gave him a small smile.

"I would love too.'

~~~

Hey, sorry it's short but this is only really the start tbh 😭

Anyways, guess who was listening to Olivia Rodrigo while writing this, I think I have an unhealthy obsession with Good 4 u 💀

next chapter coming soon, bye besties

- Liv