With every step forward, our minds remain tethered to the burdens of remorse, preventing us from truly breaking free and forging a path towards true freedom.

Though I could never fully repair the shattered trust between us, I sensed his conscious effort to shield himself from its impact. In his presence, I witnessed a remarkable display of restraint, as he refrained from responding with aggression upon seeing us.

This act of self-control deepened my understanding of his character, illuminating the inner struggles he grappled with while striving to rise above the pain our past had inflicted.

Kumalas ako sa pagkakayakap at tinaas ang aking ulo para magtama ang aming mga tingin. "Your grace, I yearn for your trust, even though I cannot erase the fear in your heart. But I implore you not to let yourself drown in perpetual apprehension and doubt. I am by your side, steadfast and unwavering. Redirect your focus to me, solely to me," I earnestly expressed to him.

Hindi niya sinuklian ng salita ang sinabi ko. He let silence be the voice of his words he cannot express. He just let me into an embrace again, and this time, he was relaxing. Napabuntong hininga na lamang ako dahil gumagaan na ang pakiramdaman niya. I was rubbing his back while waiting for him to fully relax.

"Ano ba ang nakalimutan mo?" bigla kong tanong habang yakap niya pa rin ako. "Did you already go to get it? Or should we get it together?" dagdag ko. Kumalas muli ang yakap namin at tuluyan ng nagkaroon ng distansya sa aming pagitan.

Roshan just fixed my hair that seemed to get tangled from his embrace. Hinintay ko na lang ang isasagot niya. His lips were forming a thin smile, while his amber orbs were devoid of spark. It is making me confused but I didn't hold onto the thought and just waited.

"After I get back, can I have a word with my wife?" he suddenly asked.

Mas lalo lamang akong napakunot dahil hindi niya sinagot ang tanong ko. Even with my surging confusion, I just gave him a nod. Roshan kissed my forehead and started walking away. My lips even parted, making me feel like something was amiss.

"Roshan," I called. Tumigil naman siya kaya naglakad ako papalapit. "You didn't tell me where you and the Clovers are going. Which town was it again?" tanong ko. Bakit parang kinakabahan ako.

"I am going to Denver," he replied.

My lips parted even more. "What...? Why?" I asked.

Roshan turned around and looked at me with a subtle hint of assurance. "You told me before that I have to try talking to my Uncle with peace instead of aggression," he replied. "I forgot that was today, so I came back to personally tell you I'll be gone for a while."

"But, Annika's birthday is next week," I uttered. Panicked surged in me like a waterfall. "If you travel right now, you will miss her celebration."

"I won't," he replied. Roshan's lips formed into a thin smile, like he was just forcing himself to give me assurance. "I will come back, I promise. Isa pa, kasama namin si Blessime. You will have Napoleon, Hasan, two of the Four Clovers and Erwan to protect you and the Duchy. We will return before the day of my daughter's birthday."

Hindi ko na mapigilan ang sarili ko at niyakap na naman siya muli. This time, my embrace was tight. Hindi niya sinabi sa akin 'to kaya mas lalo lamang akong kinabahan.

"Take care," I whispered. "May pamilya kang uuwian," dagdag ko.

"I will, wife. Don't worry," he replied with assurance.

I was reluctant to let him go, but I have to. Hindi ko man alam kung bakit kailangan ngayong araw ang kanilang alis, pero panatag ang loob kong makakabalik sila agad. Denver is far, but I just hope he will keep his promise to come back before Annika's day.