Hindi man lang ako nakapagsalita at deretso talaga siyang umalis pagkatapos ibilin sa akin ang gusto niyang iparating kay Cyan. Napapailing na lamang ako sa trip ng pinsan ko. Minsan, parang kay Cyan na ako naaawa kaysa sa kanya dahil sa trip niyang magloko.

"Your grace," Laphel uttered when he got near.

"How are you feeling?" agad kong tanong sa kanya. Laphel was taken aback when that was the first question that escaped my mouth. Pinapatawag ko kasi siya dahil na rin sa nag-aalala ako.

"I am better, your grace. Thank you for asking," he replied. He slightly made a bow of respect and looked at me with a little smile on his face. "I will come back to the borders right after the entourage arrives. The snow is melting, so the weather is getting warm."

Napatango ako. "Alright, just tell me what you need, okay?" I said.

"Thank you, your grace," he uttered instantly.

I could feel Laphel's distance and how his voice and responses felt like I am foreign. Hindi ko na lang pinagtuunan ng pansin dahil wala ata siyang balak sabihin sa akin mismo. I will wait for him to open up, but at the same time, I fear it might take long.

He left right after and I was then feeling alone. Pinagpiyestahan ko na lamang ang prutas na nasa isang bowl na binigay ni Blessime kanina. Sumama din kasi si Roshan sa pagsundo kaya ako lang ang naiwan. Kasama ko naman si sir Hasan pero nasa mainit na parte siya sa labas ng bahay.

After a while, we can finally see the carriage accompanied by Roshan's men riding horses. Napatayo ako para salubungin sila at hinintay na makaabot sa harapan ng bahay.

Roshan immediately got off the horse and marched his way towards my direction. He then snaked his arms around me and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. Napatawa na lamang ako dahil bumulong pa siya na na-miss niya ako kahit nagsama naman kami kanina.

Erwan opened the door of the carriage and the Lord of the State went out. Nothing much changed in him, he still looks the same. Also, talk the same.

"It is nice to see your beauty again, your grace," Jakare uttered. He reached for my hand and was about to kiss the back of it when Roshan pulled it away from him. "Oh, come on, your grace. Hindi ko naman itatanan ang asawa mo."

"Haven't you remembered our deal?" Roshan asked. He pulled me a little away from the Lord. "I won that match, and my request is to stay away from my wife. If you want to break that deal, give me your territories first."

Jakare groaned but it wasn't out of frustration, but rather delightment. He looked at me bearing a forceful smile. "Your husband is a cunning and possessive asshole, Duchess. And since I wouldn't want to lose my assets, I have obliged to this impossible request."

I just smiled at him. "Welcome to the manor, Lord of the State. I apologize for my husband's reaction but the deal is beyond my concern. I will be incharge of your accommodations, so feel free to ask Erwan what you like and I will gladly assess that," I uttered.

"No," Roshan interrupted. "All your concerns will be in my care, Napoleon. You have the habit of lavishness, so I have to ensure we'll not go bankrupt while accommodating you."

Jakare let out a chuckle. "You are so uptight, Roshan."

"Just a normal husband's duty," he replied instantly.

"Alright then, I will be in your care," Napoleon uttered. His voice was filled with delight and excitement. It seems like he is thinking something that I should be wary about. Bigla niyang binalika ng tingin sa akin. "Your grace, I had come across a rumor that you had fallen ill. But it looks like you are healthy. Was that just an excuse to heightened the borders?"