Chapter one: part one

Roneya year 3039 (the outcome of what world wars and nuclear bombs did to the United States of America)

- Are you kidding me? Oh, I really hope you're kidding!
- Mom I'm not! I have to go it's war!
- It's not war it's suicide! You're gonna get yourself killed the first second you set food in that arena!
- Mom, i have no choice. I have to go. I'll send Kear to check up on you once in a while but you're gonna have to learn to survive without me. That means hunting, cooking, working and most importantly taking care if Mayea. No more running scared, mom, she's a kid, and you're to protect her at all cost! She doesn't get a millimeter close to that arena, do you here me!
- I hear you, Khella. Just be careful, and dont forget Regard!
- Sure, mom i love you.
She nods her head but I know she means to tell me she loves me to. I never knew my mom. Never, not even when we were at war together. It's always been about Mayea and her safety. Mayea is my little sister. She was born 5 years after me which in these times is the furthest you can go. See, after the forth world war people were forced to have more children to in list in the army. 3 children as a bear minimum, 5 years apart as a max. And if you failed you would be tortured in front of your whole district as an example what happens when you break court orders. As expected overpopulation happened. As Roneya became earth's biggest and strongest country, it influenced the world. Everyone was extending armys with children and everything became overpopulated. It was the last straw for president O'murrey as he fell which created the rise of the new president, Fakroe. Fakroe Eval to be precise. He is leaning into his 80:th year as president. 80 years. That means that for 80 years whatever im about to tell you has been going on. Every year trapped in the background of innocent peoples lives. Every dead body and soul sacrificed. For 80 years people have been forced to give their freedom everyday for a piece of bread to survive.