- 𝐬𝐢𝐱, summer birthday

Conrad and McKenna had gone half on an infinity necklace for Belly's present

Conrad and McKenna had gone half on an infinity necklace for Belly's present. Belly though, couldn't have cared less about the fact McKenna had helped with that present, she only cared about Conrad. Belly had also been acting differently to McKenna. McKenna decided to all of that behind her and be happy to celebrate Belly's birthday.

McKenna and Conrad sat down at the table laughing looking at Conrad's tiktok fyp. Steven and Jeremiah were eating cereal sitting down at the kitchen island.

BELLYS POV

Every birthday i've ever had has been here. In this house. It's always been the same. Mom makes me Mickey Mouse pancakes. Everyone gives me presents. It's the one day the boys and McKenna have to include me in everything. It's my favorite day of the year.

"Golden Brown and Crisp." I heard Steven said as i walked down the stairs. "Good Morning, Everyone." I said walking into the kitchen. "Happy Birthday!" Everyone yelled. "There's the birthday girl, looking like a vision in floral." Susannah laughed. I smiled at her. "Happy sweet 16 bells." Jere told me. "Now belly bottoms getting old finally. Happy Birthday." Steven said. "Thank you everyone." I said as i noticed McKenna and Conrad sitting down at the kitchen table, silent. I just turned away as quickly as i could. "Happy Birthday Sweetheart, your mickey mouse pancakes are ready." My mom said. "Actually i'm not really hungry." I don't know what i said that. I was hungry. But I guess turning 16 meant i was old enough to do everything Jere, Steven, McKenna and Conrad did.

Being the youngest sucked. It meant i was always alone because of how they'll age, and eventually age out of loving me. but i'll always love them. I'll eventually become the memory of the summer and just an extra person who was just there. But i hope that the rest of this summer will be different.

THIRD PERSON

The room got quiet. "Okayyy, let's just open presents." Susannah suggested. "You're gonna love mine." Jeremiah said walking to the living room. Everyone walked to the living room and sat down around Belly. "Open mine first." Laurel said handing Belly her gift. "It's a first edition. I got it from a rare book dealer."
Laurel told once Belly opened her gift. "Thanks, Mom." Belly smiled. "Turn to the bookmarked page. It's your favorite poem." Laurel continued. "Oh, yeah. Iremember Susannah teaching us to recite this." Belly Repiled. "For whatever we lose." Belly started. "Like a you or a me." Jeremiah continued with belly. "It's always ourselves we find in the sea." Everyone said.

" Thank you. I love it." Belly said. "You're welcome." "Okay, open mine now, Belly." Susannah said handing her a small box wrapped in gift wrapped. "Oh, wow. They're gorgeous. Thank you, Susannah." Said Belly looking at Susannah. "My mom gave me these pearls for my sweet 16. Radiant, isn't she?" Susannah added. "Oh, I'm next. Here." Jeremiah said. "Thank you." Belly said. "It's a good-luck charm to help you pass your driving test." Jeremiah laughs. "Think fast!" Steven yelled throwing a sweatshirt at his younger sister. "Steven." Laurel said stern with a straight face. "Wow, Steven I can't believe you actually spent money on me." Belly smiled. "Relax, I just didn't want you to steal mine next year when i get in." Steven said. "I didn't know you were still considering Princeton." Laurel said turning to look at her son. "You know, I think I'm gonna apply for some scholarships, and Dad thinks I can get some financial aid. I don't know. I'll see if I get in." Steven stuttered. "Okay. Um."