Enola bangs on the front door loudly, I cringe and try to pull her hand away. "He's probably asleep, let's go-"

"Absolutely not. Something's going on with you, and as much as I hate it, I know you can't speak to me about it. So, he better open this door or I'll break it down!"

The door opens, revealing a very annoyed Tewkesbury. "I was in my library, please don't break my door down."

Enola marches in, dragging me along with her. Tewkesbury follows us to his library and Enola nods. "I'll go make us some tea, and won't eavesdrop because I am a good friend."

She shuts the door behind her and I turn to Tewkesbury, "She's definitely gonna eavesdrop, but I don't care."

"What's wrong? You look absolutely miserable."

I look around nervously. This was such a stupid idea. Why did I even come here? It's not like it's a big deal.

"I just don't understand why everyone lies to me," I whisper.

"What do you mean?"

I wipe the tears from my face, "Everyone tells me Sherlock likes me, and I actually started believing it. How could I be so stupid?"

"You're not stupid-"

"I really thought he liked me back, but I should've known better. He could get any woman he wanted, why would he want me?"

Tewkesbury frowns, "Don't speak about yourself that way."

"I'm such a fool," my voice cracks painfully.

I swallow the lump building up in my throat, "He kissed me, told me he liked me, and I believed it. Even though I knew he was drunk."

Tewkesbury's eyes widen, "He kissed you?"

"I've never in my life wanted a man's love so bad, not even my own father's."

He smiles sadly, but lets me speak.

"It is so hard being around him. I finally get him out of my thoughts, then he pops back into my life, and my mind can only think about him."

More tears stream down my face, Tewkesbury hands me a tissue, and I wipe my face.

I look back at him, "It's unfair that he has so much control over me when all I am to him is a speck of dirt on his shoe."

"That's not true," Tewkesbury says.

I shake my head, "I just wish I didn't love him."

My eyes widen. I love him? That can't be correct, this is just a regular crush. One that will leave me broken for a little while until I find a new one. That is why they're called 'crush' because you're always left crushed.

"I don't love him, I didn't mean to say that," I add.

Tewkesbury grins, "I think you do."

I shove him lightly and groan, "Don't look at me like that."

"I'm sorry, I'm just surprised that you were capable of loving someone," he says jokingly.

"Rude!"

We laugh until my ribs feel like they're about to break. He smiles before turning serious. "Sherlock likes you."

"Really? After everything I just told you, that's what you say?"

He leans back in his chair, "Drunk words, sober thoughts."

The door opens, Enola stands there with a tray of tea. Her eyes avoid mine as she sets the tray down and sits. Tewkesbury and I share a look before he turns to her. "How much did you hear?"

She gasps, "Nothing! I don't eavesdrop!"

"Come on, Enola. We know you did."

She finally looks at me, "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it!"

I laugh and she grabs my hand, staring right into my eyes. "I will kill my brother."

I pull my hand away, "What?!"

"He's an arsehole! He broke your heart, all because he has too much pride to admit his feelings."

"Enola-"

She jumps to her feet, "No! Tomorrow morning I'm marching right over to his flat and giving him a piece of my mind."

My eyes widen, "Enola, don't do anything rash. He was drunk, he won't even remember anything."

Enola sits back down, "Fine."

"Besides, we have cases to work on tomorrow."

~~°°••°°~~

We say goodbye to Tewkesbury, and make our way to Enola's apartment. Every now and then she looks at me, I guess to make sure I'm okay. It makes me feel as if I'm a fragile vase, ready to shatter at any moment. I hate the feeling, but I know she's only doing it because she cares.

"Good night, (Y/n)."

"Good night, Enola."

After a few minutes I hear her snoring, so I sneak out the window and on to the fire escape. I slowly make my way to the top and climb on the roof. The bottom of my sleep pants get caught, but I yank them away. They tear a bit, I'm sure Enola will notice it in the morning.

I lay down on the roof, staring at the bright stars above me. Stargazing always calms me and helps me get my thoughts and feelings in order. Tonight it helps nothing.

Perhaps, there really is nothing that can help you get over unrequited love.

Author's Note: Ah, unrequited love. One of my favorite tropes (right behind enemies to lovers) I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Let me know what you think!