Chapter Thirteen: The Lake

Start from the beginning

"Lets go find if there's any other way in." He walks around, finds a door on the side of the church, and goes inside. It's a study with maps on the walls, and books scattered all over the place. As well as a trap door on the floor. The lack of things trying to kill you, being trapped in a room for a moment with Leon, was a perfect moment to trap him into answering your question.

"So... Who was that woman?"

"No idea."

"Tell me who that woman was."

"I don't know."

"Don't lie to me."

"I don't need to tell you anything."

"If it's affecting our mission, you're going to tell me, Leon."

"How is this affecting our mission?"

"She was watching us through the window, how is that not alarming to you? Leon fucking tell me who that was, it's putting me off. The last thing we need right now is more arguments and leaving your partner in the dark."

"For all I know she could be some random woman, I didn't even see her."

"Then who do you think she is? You seemed incredibly out of it after I mentioned her description, it's someone you know."

"Y/n stop."

"Tell me."

"Just leave it!" He shouts.

"Is she a threat to our mission?"

"No!"

"You know her."

"Y/n!" He slams his hand down on the desk, a few wooden splinters coming up from the force. Milo starts barking at him.  "No more questions."

"What is stopping you from telling me?"

He opens the trap door and jumps down it, you look at Milo in disbelief.

"Can you believe him?" You scoff and jump down after him, it's an underground tunnel leading to another pathway and Leon has already reached the light at the end of the tunnel. You jog after him. "Why won't you tell me?"

"What don't you understand?! I didn't even see her. She reminds me of someone I used to know, completely unrelated to this entire thing."

"Reminds you of who?"

"An ex." He lies.

"An ex-girlfriend? That's what you're getting worked up about?"

"It's a hard memory for me, she has nothing to do with this and I'm not talking about this anymore. I don't know the woman you saw in that window."

Up ahead of you, there was a cave, going inside of it there was still no Ganado.

"Why didn't you just tell me that the first time?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

You exhale, for you, his lies were a believable explanation, the distressed look on his face was real.

"Sorry."

"I wish you weren't so stubborn." He groans and walks alone in front of you, leaving a few meters of space. The cave lead to a huge quarry where there was a pack of black wolves with red eyes getting onto their feet and barking at Leon when he walked into it. You look at Milo sternly.

"Stay." You pull your gun out and run into the clearing to help shoot the wolves that were circling Leon.

They were so fast, they were hard to shoot. How they move so sporadically made it more frustrating to predict if they were going to dodge another shot or leap at you.