THE MIRROR ON THE WALL

It was a new morning, new day. the breeze was passing through all the leaves notifying its presence. the early morning peace was soothing.

A family of five enters into a small two storey house. the dad parks the car in the shed. the mom and the children gather all the bags from the truck that followed their car.

The dad then opens the front door with the key only to be welcomed by a clean empty hallway and a staircase leading to first floor.

Asking the workers to arrange all the furnitures, the family carries their luggages inside the house.

The youngest daughter Ria rushes to choose the bedroom of her liking followed by her elder siblings. 

As she rushes to the first floor, she comes across a small doll outside a bedroom. the doll was beautiful and in good shape eventhough it looks like its very old.

Ria enter the bedroom. It was rather empty other than a single mirror which seemed to be attached to the wall. Though the room was small, she liked it.

Damon and Ryan,her older siblings took the other two rooms in the same floor which was spacious compared to that of the room ria chose

"Damon, Ryan, Ria did you guys choose your rooms yet" came the voice of their mom from downstairs.

The siblings rushed downstairs and told their parents of their choice.

"ewww thats one ugly doll, where did you even get that", asked damon.

"its beawtipul n i fouwnd it upstwairs n its mine" said ria in her childish voice.

"whatever weirdo" saying this damon rushed out, took his ipad out of the bag and started playing. Ryan started to look around the house.

Ria started playing with the doll in the living room.

By the time everything was arranged and settled, it was night.

"mwommy i hungwy" said ria still holding the doll.

"In a few minutes the dinner will be ready baby why dont you call your brothers and father till then." her mother replied

"otay mwommy" saying this she started running towards the living room to call her father and siblings.

They had their dinner and decided to rest since it was a long day for everyone.

It was midnight

Everyone in the household were sleeping peacefully.

CRACK

A sound of breaking glass can be heard

CRACK

Hearing some disturbing noise, ria woke up from her sleep.

she slowly rubbed her eyes with her small hand. she noticed the mirror in front of her bed had a small crack in it.

she went back to sleep just to hear the same sound again.

CRACK

she sat up. this time she noticed that the crack was much bigger than that she saw a few minuts ago.

she slowly got down from her bed and moved towards the mirror.

when she was near the mirror she gets startled as the cracking noise gets louderand crack on the mirror gets bigger.

suddenly it stops. 

There is complete silence. 

No sound can be heard except her breathing.

TRINGGGGGGG

Rings the alarm. the clock shows 6am

The mother and father wakes up to get started with their day.

At 7am the mother goes towards the children's room to wake them. The creaking of the staircase is silenced by the noise of the TV

First she wakes damon and ryan, asking them to freshen up.

she goes towards Ria's room to wake her up just to find the bed empty. the mother thought ria already went inside the bathroom since it is not very uncommon for ria to wakeup by herself most of the times.

suddenly she notices something red flowing on the floor. thinking that it was some sort of a paint since ria loves to paint n loves even more to drop those paint on the floor,she shook her head and started arranging the bed.

she then decided to clean the paint as she didn't want it to stain the floor of their new house.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hearing the shout, the father and the boys rushes towards Ria'a room from where he heard his wife screaming.

As soon as he enters the room, the first thing he saw was the frozen state of his wife.

Following her view, the sight he saw made his knees go weak

There lying in the pool of her blood is Ria, her clothes tattered, her eyes completed red,skin as pale as white sheets.

Her wrist had marks which looks like she was hurt by someone with a piece of glass. 

That day they mourned the loss of the small baby who had yet to discover the world; that day signified how a mother and father lost their child and how the brothers lost their sister.

but what they failed to notice was that the doll which she was holding was nowhere to be found;

how Ria's body resembled that of the doll;

how the baby monitor in their room was switched off

and last but not the least

THERE WAS NO CRACK ON THE MIRROR ON THE WALL.