THE BRIDGE

it was a lonely street. the moon went into hiding behind the dark clouds. the only source of light were that of the street lamp. a girl is seen walking on the footpath. the melody ringing in her ears through the headphone helps her mind to relax after a hectic day. the weight of the books in her arms starts getting heavier as time goes on.

 the weight of the books in her arms starts getting heavier as time goes on

suddenly her phone starts ringing. she picks her phone out of her pockets, removed her headphones and attends the call.

the girl: hello

nothing but silence is all receives.

the girl: hello may i know who is this?

still silence.

frustrated she cuts the call and continues walking. As she reaches near the bridge, the street lights starts flickering.

*blink blink blink*

an unknown fear starts crawling inside her. the heart starts beating faster than normal. 

*MEOWW*

the sound of the cat in the otherwise silent surrounding did nothing to reduce her panic rather accelerated her fear. she started walking faster. her breathing shallow. all she wanted was to reach the safety of her home.

*thup thup thup*

she heard the sound of someone walkin behind her. the footstep sounded like the person was drenched completely. she started feeling chills.the atmosphere was suddenly colder, completely different from the warm temperature she felt few minutes back.

"won't you wait for me to reach you?"

she heard an eerie voice asking her from behind. the sweet voice continued,

"please stop, it feels so cold in here. am scared please take me with you"

eventhough all the cells in her body compelled her to turn around, she continued walking faster. she could sense the figure behind her increase its pace.

she was about reach the other end of the bridge. 

" I SAID STOP RIGHT THERE BEFORE I KILL YOU"

now the sweet voice had changed into a demonic one scaring her. she started running. she could hear the figure running behind her shouting at her to stop. all that was running in her mind was 

*just a few steps to cross the bridge, just a few steps and you will be safe, don't give up just a few steps*

as soon as she crossed the bridge, she let out a huge sigh of relief. she felt like she was able to breathe again when all of a sudden she felt someone breathing near her ear. it slowly whispered

"you can never escape from  me"

*AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*