~8~

I was getting used to my life as Mrs. Norris, but couldn't get any height from Lando. I was getting ready for lunch with Lando and his father. "Can we pretend for my father that we are happily married?" "Sure no problem." This was the least I could do for him after giving my little brother the day of his life. Jesse was all counted out when I brought him back to the hospital. Fortunately, the treatments are catching on and he will soon be allowed to go home, something my father and I have been looking forward to for months. I step into my black heels and take a last look at myself in the mirror. "Can you hurry up! Carl is already waiting downstairs."

In the restaurant I feel totally out of place, everything on the menu is very expensive and that is one thing I am not used to either. I got a credit card from Lando but I haven't used it yet, for someone who has always earned her own money it is hard to sit still and do nothing, I also miss the contact with Dustin, also Kim I speak very little I wonder what she is doing. I am startled out of my thoughts when Lando waves his hand in front of my eyes. "Liana, what do you want to drink?" "Is it too early for a minosa?" "No definitely not darling!" Says Adam before Lando can open his mouth. "Then give me a mimosa." I then turn my attention back to the menu and pick something to eat.

"How are you guys doing?" Adam finnaly aksed when the food is on the table, a question we both expected. Lando puts his hand on mine and I smile a little hard. "With us everything is going fine, right honey?" I nod and Lando places a kiss on my cheek. I don't know if it is because of the mimosas or the warmth of the restaurant but when Lando gives my a kiss I feel like I am suffering from hot flashes, I feel myself getting nervous something I get more often when Lando is close to me. Adam keeps asking us things and I almost choke on my drink when he starts talking about grandchildren. "Dad, please, I don't want a kid not now when my new racing season starts in two weeks." "It's good you brought that up because me and Liana will be there that weekend too." I raise my eyebrow no idea what Adam is talking about. "Really?" Lando sighs I feel his hand squeezing my upper leg. Lando is not normally into touching, at least not with me. I get a shiver as his grip on my upper leg gets stronger. "Sure, I want to see your first race and surely it would be great if you could walk onto the grid with your wife and show everyone how happy you are." I look at Lando and it is clear to see that he is getting irritated. "Fine, I assume you have your own hotel room?" "Why? Liana can sleep with you anyway." "Yes she can but I have to get out early for training days and that might be annoying for her if she's not used to it." "You're right kid, I'll book her her own room but only for the first time after that you guys do have to get used to his training schedule." We shake our heads and I hear Lando sigh.

After lunch with my father I would prefer to go home again as soon as possible, as I stand outside with Liana we run into another of my father's servants. "Hey Lando how are you? Who is this?" "Hello Michelle, this is my wife Liana." "Your wife? Since when did you get married?" "Surely it can't have escaped your notice,  the media was full of it, I think about 3 months back." Michelle's gaze falls on Liana she looks at her inquiringly and shakes her head. " I didn't know you would settle for something like that." "It is what it is." With that said I get into the car with Liana.

The trip home goes by in silence and I can tell from Liana attitude that she is upset about something, it doesn't bother me very much. I have agreed with Max to go gaming later. I don't care what she does. Arriving at our penthouse I see her go to her room, I stay in the hallway for a while to hear what she is doing, I hear her phone ringing and then I hear a woman's voice, it must be her best friend. I change myself back into my easy clothes and sit down at my PC, I press Max's name on discord and wait for him to answer.

 I'm gaming with Max for a while when I hear the elevator open and close. "what the fuck is she going to do." I mutter. I immediately catch myself starting to get interested in where she is. I walk into the living room with my headset on, it's empty there, I walk to the kitchen and find Lizzy there. "Hello Mr. Norris, can I do something for you?" "I just came for a drink." I lie. With a glass of Coke I walk back and drop back on the chair in front of my PC. "Where were you? I've been talking to you for a few minutes." I hear Max's voice in my ears again as my headset connects to the PC again. "Sorry I was getting a drink." "Getting a drink? It didn't sound like it." I roll my eyes. "Liana left without saying anything." "So? What do you care?" I explain to Max what happened with lunch and leaving and that I find it strange that she would just leave all of a sudden. "Don't worry who is probably off to see friends." I laugh, she doesn't even have that many friends. "What friend?" "Dustin or Kim." "Who the hell is Dustin?" "Do you even listen at all when she tells you something?" "No actually not." Max laughs. "But then who is that?" "Her boss from the flower store." "Why do you know that?" "Because I had to spend a morning with her while you were in the shower." I don't want to know anything more either and start up a game why should I care about all this Dustin too, I should care more about my first race and having to stand there as a happy couple.

I left without saying anything I took the train towards the city where I was meeting Kim. Arriving at the stop I see her already standing there waiting for me, I am greeted with a hug when I step out of the train and we walk into town. "Shall we have coffee somewhere first?" She asks. "Fine but I'm paying for everything today." Says I firmly, after the conversation between Lando and Michelle I was done being friendly with Lando for a while. I have plenty of money and why not share it with the people I do love. "How's Jesse?" "Yeah he's doing super, he can almost go home in 2 weeks I thought." "That's good news, will you pick him up?" I sigh. "I wish I could pick him up but I'll be in Bahrain in 2 weeks." "Why?" "An idea from Lando's dad, he wanted to be at the first race of the season and he wanted me to go along too." "That sucks." "Jesse will probably enjoy seeing me on TV, I can tell you right now that next time he's going to ask Lando if he can go to a race too." "Next time?" I tell Kim the story from a few weeks back. After I tell all my stories about Lando and especially about the lady I met today we go shopping.

Kim pulls me into all her favorite stores. Kim always has an expensive taste something I never really had, I have been more the tshirt and jeans kind of girl, I was happier with a new pair of Nikes than with a pair of high heels where my feet started hurting immensely after a few hours, unfortunately my everyday style didn't fit into the Norris family's life so I have to walk on the uncomfortable shoes more often than I had hoped. I paid for the items Kim wants to have and just as we are about to walk outside back to the train we run into Dustin. I greet him with a hug and I get a kiss on my cheek. I ask him what he is doing here and he tells me that he has finally saved up enough to buy a coat that is way too expensive for him. "Keep your money in your pocket Dusty, I'll pay." "Are you crazy that thing costs something like 800 or so." I wave my credit card in front of his eyes. "Not everything about my marriage is bad so far." After I pay for Dustin we go to the train, there I say goodbye to Kim. Once I'm seated I feel my cell phone buzz.

Don't forget to vote for this chapter if you liked it, that's much appreciated!