Beach Date

Choi Beomgyu🎸

I blink repeatedly, clearing my eyesight. I don't think I've ever slept so well. Just as I'm about to raise my head, I realize Yuna's sound asleep, leaning on my head.

"Man, must suck being you," Soobin hyung laughs, turning back, snacking on a pack of chips.

I turn slowly to the windows. The sky is a light, streaking blue, the sun shining brightly, the rays penetrating through the windows. The light shines on Yuna's face, giving her a soft glow. Her lips part, her breath coming in soft, slow pants. 

I place my hand behind her head, guiding her to rest on my shoulder instead. She shifts for a second, then cuddles up to me, holding onto my arm.

"Aw, how cute," Taehyun comments, while Kai flips his camera out, the flash nearly blinding me.

"Wait, wait, lemme try," suggests Soobin hyung. He reaches out, pulling Yuna's nose upwards. Him and Taehyun pose with Pig-Na. "Beomgyu, come on. Do something."

I bring my hands to her mouth, using my fingers to lift the corners of her mouth in a creepy smile. Kai snickers, clicking the photo immediately. 

"Kai, Kai, gimme the camera," says Ryujin from the passenger seat. "Group photo guys, smile." Ryujin holds up a peace sign, while Yeonjun hyung's mouth is pulled wide open in concentration at the road ahead. Taehyun and Soobin hold up a heart together while Kai pretends to shove his finger in Yuna's mouth. I hold up Yuna's arms, grinning. The flash goes off. Kai reaches for the camera, him and Taehyun scrambling to look at the picture as Soobin hyung bursts out in laughing. 

The mini photoshoot continues, all of us posing (Yuna being the main prop), while Yeonjun hyung complains. "I can't believe you guys are taking pics without me!"

"You are in the pictures, Junnie," assures Ryujin. "Just not so good looking." He glares at her. "It's okay, your nose scrunch is still cute."

"You guys think this guy is cute?" asks Taehyun, shocked.

"Yeah, especially when I exist right here," retorts Kai, pinching his own cheek.

"Dude, no," gags Ryujin. Soobin and Taehyun seem to agree with Kai, giggling at him.

Yuna groans lightly, shifting against me. I drop her arms immediately, the ones I was busy playing with a few seconds ago. Her fingers knot in the fabric of my shirt as she slowly brings her head up. The car immediately goes silent. The three boys up front twist their heads forward, Kai fumbling with the camera. Taehyun and Kai argue in hushed whispers.

"Put it down, just put it down!"

"It's expensive, gimme a second."

Yuna blinks repeatedly, looking around. "Why's everything so quiet?" she mumbles softly, rubbing her eyes with her fists. 

Cute. I smile to myself. 

"Hey, Yun. Want some water?" asks Ryujin. She nods slowly. Ryujin passes the bottle over to us in the back. I take the bottle from Yuna and open it for her.

"Thanks," she mutters. 

One thing I've noticed about Yuna after living with her is that once she's awake, the first few minutes she's really slow paced and tired. It's like her strength disappears too. 

"Jun, how far off are we?" she asks.

"We've got about half an hour before we get to the beach, I think."

And so, thirty minutes later, we arrive at the beach. We drive into the small village beside the beach. 

"Kai, I can't believe you forgot what the house looks like," complains Yeonjun hyung.