33

"Baby? Imani." JR called out, disrupting my train of thought as I was staring off at the distance with my textbook against my chest and my clutch pencil in between my fingers.

I looked up at him, my eyes locking with his as he sat on the edge of his desk next to me.

"I'm sorry J, I got distracted."I muttered under my breath, placing my textbook on his study desk behind me.

"You have been distracted lately, baby. What's going on?"JR asked, his tone serious as he gently pulled my chair towards him.

"I'm okay. I've just been distracted with school work and gymnastics,"I lied, looking away to avoid making eye contact with him.

"No, Imani you have been distracted for almost two weeks now. Tell me what's going on baby."JR pleaded before he kissed my forehead.

"I need a break."I muttered as I stared at him on the verge of tears.

"A break? From us?"he nervously asked making me shake my head immediately.

"No, no. From school, everything. I just need a breather,"I responded placing your hand on his cheek with a small smile on my face.

JR looked concerned but understanding as he nodded his head. "Do you want me to com--" he started, but I cut him off.

"No, JR you have a match coming up. Your team needs you. I will be fine. I will just give my mom a call and set everything up," you explained as I grabbed my phone and texted both Doctor Brown and my mom.

"Okay," he said, trying to reassure me before he kissed my forehead once again.

"But don't forget, I'm just a phone call away if you need me.

Although Damon and I didn't kiss, I felt guilty and ashamed to be around JR, because I would want for him to tell me if Aqueelah had tried the same thing on him.

My conscience and my heart were at odds, and it felt like I had crossed a line and betrayed JR's trust. I knew I had to be honest with him, but I wasn't sure how he would react.

JR walked me back to my dorm room, the walk being somewhat awkward, but he made sure to keep the silence and not force me to speak.

Once we reached my dorm room, JR pecked my lips a couple of times and uttered an "I love you" before walking back to his dorm room. Although I felt bad for making JR feel this way, I needed to be alone so I could think of a better way to approach this situation.

Dr. Brown (Mom) <3
Where would you like to go?

Anywhere away from BU please.

Mom <3
I am sorry honey, I'm stuck in London at the moment. Call me.

No, don't worry about it. I'll call doctor Brown.

I sighed as I messaged Doctor Brown, explaining the situation before beginning to pack my clothes in a duffle bag.

I heard a knock on the door and responded, allowing the person to enter, but to my surprise, it was not JR, but Nathaniel who's smile faded as she looked at me with an expression of concern.

"Hey honey. Is everything alright?"She asked gentle tone as she closed the door behind her before she leaned against it.

"I need to leave for a couple of weeks."I responded as I moved back and forth from the wardrobe to my duffle bag making her stop me in my track.