"This would be so much easier if you just got your head out of your ass!" He exclaimed.

"Ash, my silly little brother. Stop being annoying for like– Five minutes!" Tony retorted, blasting his repulser at him.

He dodged and used Nicotine to pull him forwards by the collar of his shirt. Before either of them could do anything, Thor stormed into the room and used Mjolnir to power the cradle. Everyone watched in silence as he stopped, there was a pause and the machine below him burst open, causing him to be blasted into the floor. Ash's eyes widened and he shoved Tony away, running over to his side.

"You okay?" Ash asked quietly as he helped him up.

Thor nodded in response. There was a moment of silence as everyone looked at the machine that emerged from the cradle. It was short lived when he moved to attack, Thor had flipped him over and he flew off, stopping in front of the window while the group gave chase.

After a moment, he flew down to them, forming a kind of suit over his body. Thor moved toward him, making sure Ash wasn't so close.

"I apologise. That was... Odd. Thank you."

"What the fuck is happening?" Nicotine piped up.

Ash almost laughed in response to the alien.

"Thor, you helped to create this?" Steve questioned.

"I've had a vision of a whirlpool that sucks in all life and at its centre is that." He responded, pointing to the stone in the machine's head.

A sudden pit formed in Ash's stomach, Nicotine formed a hand in his to calm him but it didn't do much to help as he squeezed it anxiously.

"Wait– The gem?" Bruce asked.

"It's the Mind Stone. One of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe." Thor corrected.

The pit in Ash's stomach grew and he swallowed down the lump in his throat nervously. Flashes of his experiences with the stones sparked in his mind and he tried his best to hide his unease.

"Then why would you bring–?" Steve snapped.

"Because Stark is right." Thor interrupted.

Ash watched them speak and couldn't help the shaky breaths leaving his throat. Without a word, he left the room, his chest heaving. It hurt to lie to them, his team. But what would he say? And how could he say it? He found his way to the locker rooms and leaned against the wall, running a hand through his hair. Nicotine's head appeared beside him.

"Ash, calm down." He said.

"No... I'll– We'll–" He stuttered, unable to get his words out.

"Ash!"

It was Thor, his eyes widened and he spun around. Seeing the man walking towards him.

"Thor." Ash breathed out.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I just needed a moment."

He could tell Thor was suspicious but he had said nothing all the same. He stepped close to him and raised a hand to his face, pressing his forehead against his.

"I missed you."

"We missed you too."

They stayed still for a moment. Likely one of the only ones they would have before the coming battle.

***

The evacuation of Sokovia was going well. At least until Ultron began his plan. Ash and Thor had been making their way through the caverns when the ground began to rumble. The couple exchanged glances before quickly making their way out. Ash had been dropped down at the bridge as cars started to fall. Thor had rescued the people inside and the trio made their way into the city.