Chapter 13

Standing in front of my locker, I dared myself over and over again to open it. Preston was standing behind me, his arm around my waist. His hot breath was blowing into my ear, making me shiver for a bad reason. "Stop it, Preston." I warned. He shrugged, but let go.

What had Trevor put in there? I mean, he knew my combination. I'd told him the minute I'd gotten it. And he'd told me his.

I tapped my foot, and glared at the slits at the top of my locker. If I looked in them maybe I'd be able to see what Trevor got me.

"For God's sake, Jo," Preston groaned. "Open your da*ned locker. I want to kiss you already." I turned around and saw him lick his lips hungrily. I was going to punch him before the end of the day.

"Paitence is virtue, Trev." I giggled. Then I coughed and corrected myself. "I mean, Preston."

"I don't care. We've been standing here for five minutes staring at the locker. Put in the combination and open your locker. Then get your stuff out of the locker, close the locker and we can make out."

I rolled my eyes and opened my locker. I stood there for a few seconds, looking around my locker for something new. I could only see a small, round object on the top shelf. I tried to pull the object out, but it wouldn't budge. I took my hand out and suddenly the object exploded.

And green goo went all over my face.

I jumped back in surprise, and groaned loudly. Wiping small holes where my eyes were, I threw the slime onto the ground with a big movement. I was going to kill him. I was going to tear him to shreds from the inside and kill him slowly.

Turning around, I came face-to-face with a towel. Thanking the person who got it for me, I looked up and saw Preston standing there with a confused look on his face.

"We stood there for five minutes for this?" He chuckled. I whacked him on the arm playfully and wiped the rest of the goo away. Looking at him with am 'Am I Okay?' look, he picked up the towel and wiped away some from my lips softly.

Who knew Preston did anything 'softly'?

"There you go." He whispered, smiling a bit. I thanked him and handed him his towel back. "Nah," He chuckled. "You can keep it. A little piece of me. And, you know, It's covered in sh*t."

I laughed and put the towel in a plastic bag, throwing it in my locker.

"Why did we wait five minutes for this?" Preston asked, pulling something out from his bag.

"Because my so called best friend told me he'd put something in my locker." I admitted, rolling my eyes and shrugging.

"Who's your best friend? He sounds like a d***." Preston sighed.

"You know... Trevor Morgan?" I asked.

"TREVOR MORGAN?!" Preston yelled.