Chapter 8

Trevor went into the house and switched on the light beside the door, beckoning me in. I slowly walked inside, my footsteps echoing off the walls, all the way through the house. Every time I came in here I was in awe of the size of it. I don't know why, It's not as if Trevor's actually moved since I got here. But there's just something about the house that makes me want to just praise it.

"Want some food?" Trevor asked, locking the door. "I can make food." He sounded as if he was reassuring himself more than me.

I smiled slowly. "Sure. Food would be good."

Looking at the large grandfather clock at the side of the entrance I saw it was 11:25. PM. Oh, God. I was never going to be able to wake up tomorrow.

He ran his hands through his hair and walked out, whistling some song. I didn't really know the tune, because Trevor likes music that hasn't been around for centuries. He seems to be a hard headed jock in school, but at home he's a classical softie.

"Do you like nachos?" He called from the kitchen.

I could feel his smirk. Nachos were my favourite snack ever. I mean, they're NACHOS! Nachos are amazing. "Trevor." I began my long and sarcastic rant. "We have known each other ever since I came here. We've been best friends ever since I came here. When we were at the cinema, I almost punched you in the face because you wouldn't let me have nachos. What do YOU think the answer is?" I asked, flopping onto his leather couch.

"No? Fine. I'll do Pop-tarts." I heard him chuckle.

"If you make Pop-tarts I will kill you!" I smiled, turning on the TV.

"Okay then. Nachos it is. I can make Nachos." He said loudly, so I could hear him.

Any friend of mine should know how to make nachos. Then again, I only have two friends. Those 'any friend of mine' jokes don't go down well with me.

You know, because I only have two friends.

I heard the ding! Of the timer, indicating the nachos to be done, and I quickly turned on something I knew Trevor loved. The Big Bang Theory.

He came in with a small bowl of Nachos for me and looked at the TV, smiling. "Fwank OO fwor the nachos twevor!" I put on a baby voice, holding out my hands. "I pwut on youw favwit sow!"

"Eh... Eat them and take off the stupid voice, and you, my friend, are very welcome!" He smiled, dishing out the nachos and turning the volume up. I ate a nacho and fell in love with Trevor's cooking again. I say again because when we were fourteen I came over and he made me my first ice cream float. This is basically a soda of your choice and ice cream. I vowed after that fateful day that I would always stick by Trevor. Because you never know when his cooking will come in handy. And, you know, he's one of my two friends.

"KAY!" I took another chip and squealed in delight.