027

June 9, 1990

"Hey y/n?"

"Uh yeah who's this?" I say into the phone.

"Oh it's me Dave, I got your number from Krist."

"Oh okay, what's up?"

"Uh bad weather cut out Krists line so he couldn't call but we have practice today."

"Oh...WAIT THATS TODAY?" I rush over to the wall with the calendar. In a Circle of red it says 'practice for demo.'

"Y/n?"

"Uh Yeah, no worries I'll be there in five."

"Oh, okay. See ya then y/n!"

I quickly hang up the phone and run over to my room grabbing my guitar and stuff, before grabbing my skateboard and going down the street.

Luckily Krist didn't live very far from me. I was quite surprised I actually got there in five. I huff trying to catch my breath as I walk into Krists house trying to act like I didn't rush over.

"H-hi." I say in between deep breathes. I can barley breath trying to hold it in. "Dude just breath." Krist says and laughs.

I let out a deep breath and sit down. "Well it's really a shocker that you did get here in five minutes." Krist says. I simply shake my head. "Sorry I forgot."

"You forgot? Y/n you can't just forget shit. This isn't just something you can forget and act like nothing won't happen. This is serious." Kurt raised his voice at me.

The room was quiet. I hate being embarrassed, but I know these people well enough to not care and move on. "Okay, well I said I'm sorry. Again not that big of a deal." I shrugged.

"Funny that's the same shit that got Chad kicked." "Okay so then kick me? If that's what you're implying." I cross my arms and lean further back into the chair.

The room got even quieter than before. "Just get your shit, come on." I rolled my eyes and everyone started to set things up. "Okay ready?" Kurt says. Everyone gives the okay and we start.

"Stop, stop." Everyone looks at Kurt. "Y/n stop messing up." I look at him shocked. "Kurt I think you're hearing things, Because that's not me it's you." He looked angry right as those words left my mouth.

"How the fuck are you gonna tell me I'm messing up my strings are perfectly in tu-" He strummed the open strings only to realize they were in fact untuned.

"Dumbass." I say under my breath as I walked over to Dave. "What did you just say?" Kurt looks up. "Nothing?"

"No you said something, So tell me what you said because I know you didn't call me a dumbass." "I said dumb crash." I signaled over to Dave's crash cymbal. "It was making my ears ring the whole time."

Dave smiles at me holding in a laugh. We finish up everything else before packing up for the day. "Well I'm gonna go, see ya later." I say walking out of the door.

"Y/n wait!" I turn around, just as I'm about to cross the street. "Please don't leave." Krist says. "Why, shouldn't I. Practice is over."

"Yes I know but we all want to hang out, And talk." "Talk about?" "The demo." "Okay listen krist, you know I love you. You're like a brother to me really and I would love to come back inside and talk but Kurt is being a real ass."

"He's just, worried about the situation. He's nervous that's all." "Nervous my ass." I start walking but krist follows. "Y/n he's been..." "what?" Krist just stands in front of me silently.

"He's been what, krist?" "He's just been... Really nervous that all. He doesn't mean what he was saying." He spits out. I could tell he's hiding something but I let it go. "Okay." "So you're staying?" I give him a hug and pat his arm. "See you tomorrow, Novoselic.

-Two weeks later-

"So where are we going?" "To record the demo." Dave says. "Huh? I thought we were going for ice cream." I glare at krist and he just smiles. "Maybe later." "MAYBE?" I sink down into the cars seat and close my eyes.

"Come on, people, now." Krist stops the car. "Let's go." We all get out of the car and walk into this building.
We walk into a room, which has a nice recording studio. "Wow." We all say. It was much nicer than I would have or could have imagined.

We all set up and recorded the demo.