Moonlight's Embrace : ¶Whispers of the Heart¶

Start from the beginning

"Then know that I am fine. I will never hurt or leave you."

She nodded.

"Don't ever blame yourself." She nodded again.
Silas lovingly swipped his fingers, wiping her tears.
Alora felt rising embarrassment within her as she remembered how she wept like a child.

knock knock*

Silas felt slightly angry and regret at getting their moment destroyed. Alora felt relieved. She felt her heart was going to melt.

She opened the door to see how it was. Maren stood their with Grandma Sen. Maren held Grandma Sen's arm to provide support.

"Please come in." She made way. She instantly got inside the kitchen and heated a put of hot water and prepared tea leaves, milk and sugar with tea cups on a tray and brought them to the table.

Grandma held her walking stick close to her as she inquired. "I heard that news." Her voice was frail yet it held power.

"Are you okay, my dear?" Grandma looked at Alora than at Silas who was wrapped in bandages. Maren was equally worried about Alora.

"I'm fine grandma but Silas got hurt..." Grandma Sen nodded. It wasn't a secret to her about what had happened. She sighed, making her wrinkles more defined. She finally turned towards Silas who simply stayed in bed, leaning against the wall.
"Thank you for protecting her." She nodded her head towards him expressing her gratefulness.

"It's what I must do."

Grandma Sen smiled.
She remembered how this mysterious man had promised that he would never hurt her.
'It seems he really did keep hat promise.'

Maren rushed towards Alora and slapped her back hard.
"Oww!" Alora screamed. She rubbed her sore back.
"If you keep hitting my back like that everytime, I'll develope back problems at a young age!" She whined.

Maren fumed, "Me and Grandma left you and the village for a few days to sell some merchandise and you get in all kinds of life threatening problems!" Alora gulped.
"Sorry." She pouted. Maren suddenly felt a sharp pain the back of her neck as she felt faint. "You always stress me out. When I and Grandma Sen heard that news, we rushed back as fast as we could." Maren was clearly tired. Alora felt even more guilty.

Maren hugged her friend tightly, "I'm so glad you're safe." In the embrace of her friend that she considered as her sister, the tears she stopped with hard work came gushing out.
Maren looked towards Silas.
"Thank you Silas. Thank you." Silas glanced at her and nodded.

-----

Somewhere in the Limerence Kingdom.

The atmosphere in the isolated bar was tense, as the two individuals sat on chairs facing the dimly lit counter. The hooded figure concealed their identity entirely, leaving their features shrouded in mystery. Opposite him, a man with brown hair and freckles on his skin exuded an aura of intense hatred, his dull green eyes radiating a palpable anger.

The hooded figure leaned in slightly, their voice a low, whispered tone meant to protect their secrecy. "Yes, the information is true," they confirmed, their words carrying a weight of importance, "our leader said so. He is someone of great importance in our country, so his words should not be taken lightly."
The hooded man warned.

"It seems that we should fasten our plan."

"He does not pose any threat for now. Cardinal Erix has vouched for him." The hooded man said.

At hearing such an absurd thing, the other man laughed maniacally. "For a man who worships and devotes himself to Goddess Asteria, it's laughable that he actually 'vouched' for that monster. I didn't expect any less from that bastard."