Moonlight's Embrace : ¶Whispers of the Heart¶

Alora kept silent as she gently wiped his hands

Alora kept silent as she gently wiped his hands. She never once spoke after the incident that had happened yesterday.
The guilt in her was eating her away.

She could still remember the ironic smell of the blood and how it spilled. How it shone with a bright red color. She tried to erase those gruesome images off her mind.

Her hands that held the wet cloth started shaking, her nose felt sour and her chest felt heavy. She tried her best to not let her cries out when she felt a cold hand on hers.
Silas skimmed his thumb over her palm. "Are you still scared?" She looked at him.
He looked serene.

Alora always felt that Silas was something akin to a roof and a pillar.
He unfailingly shielded her from adversity, willingly absorbing any harm on her behalf. He consistently provided unwavering support in all aspects of her life, accompanying her on every journey.

Despite having known each other and spent just two months together, Silas had swiftly become an integral part of her life.

However, as Alora tried to suppress certain memories and emotions, they flooded her mind like an unstoppable tide. Tears streamed down her face, her lips quivered into a frown, and she stared down at her hands resting on her thigh, resembling a child unjustly scolded by her parents.

Seeing her in such distress stirred Silas's heart profoundly. He gently grasped her wrist and drew her closer to him, allowing her to lean on his shoulder. His hand tenderly patted her back and rubbed it, offering her the solace she needed. However, instead of calming her, his comforting gestures only caused her to cry harder.

"I-I'm sorry hic*...I sho-shoudn't have ta- hic* taken you with me...yo-you're hurt beca-cause of me hic*...I'm sorry hic* I'm sorry hic*..." She sobbed, her breathing ragged.

While he felt a surge of joy that she cared for him so deeply, it pained him to witness her burdened by guilt and in tears.

Silas cradled her head within his hands, his thumbs delicately brushing away her tears. He showered her forehead and eyelids with tender kisses, his lips leaving a trail of affection on her skin. Her cheeks felt like soft dough, plump, and squishable, with a faint blush gracing their surface. In his eyes, she was absolutely lovely, and he couldn't help but admire her.

"It's not your fault," he whispered, his voice filled with sincerity. Her small hands enveloped his large ones that framed her face.

"I went there with you so I could protect you, and I did. I couldn't be happier. So it's not your fault. It was my choice."

Her cries turned into sniffles as se listened to him.
"B-but you're h-hurt...wha-what if-"
"Yes, I'm hurt but it isn't painful. I'll be fine." He reassured.
He placed his forehead against hers, his eyes never moving away from hers.

"You know I'm different, right?"
"Yes."
"Do you trust me?"
"Yes."
She didn't even hesitate.

Silas smiled happily at that. Her unwavering trust in him made his heart sway.