CHAPTER 1: AN UNFORTUNATE NOT SO ACCIDENT

Start from the beginning

Bubbles flew to a nearby roof admiring the city. She didn't like it at first but she kind of got used to the grayness of it all. If it were up to her, there'd be colors everywhere.

"What are you doing up here kid?" She heard a voice say.

She turned her head back to see a man dressed in spandex with a blue bird in the middle of his chest. He wore a black mask that concealed his eyes and had a sort of stick attached to the back of his costume.

"Woah... are you a superhero too mister?" Bubbles said excitedly flying over to the man.

If Dick didn't think about adopting a child before, he was definitely thinking about it now. The kid was the cutest child he had ever seen. With her bubbly personality and cute looks, he wondered if she could beat villains simply by convincing them that crime is bad.

"I'm Nightwing." He introduced himself

"Cool name! Very creative. I'm Bubbles!" She smiled.

As if she couldn't get any cuter, she did. Her superhero name was Bubbles for godsake!

"Is that your superhero name?" He questioned.

She tilted her head to the side in a way that made Dick want to squeal.

"Superhero name? No that's my actual name. Bubbles Utonium at your service Mr.Nightwing!" She answered. She held up her octopus plushie.

"And this is Octi my sidekick!"

Dick was surprised. She was trusting him with her civilian identity? But at the same time he wondered if she knew what a secret identity was.

"Cute name. I have to ask though, what are you doing so late at night in Gotham? Aren't your parents going to worry about you?" He asked

So that's what the city is called Gotham. Sounds like got ham.

"Thanks for the concern Mr.Nightwing, but I'm perfectly fine on my own. Bye now!" She said flying away. She should probably get home now, she had enough exploring. Bubbles wanted to go home and sleep.

"Wait! Kid!" He called after her. Dick let out an audible sigh. He should probably look for the kid.

In the meantime, Bubbles was panicking. While she found the exact rooftop from where she came, there was no portal in sight. This was not good. How was she supposed to get home? Was she never going to see her sisters or her dad again?

All these thoughts were raving through her head as she frantically searched the entire city for a sign of the blue portal. She found none and now she was stuck here in Gotham.

She sat on top of a roof somewhere in the city and held her knees to her chest. Her lips quivered and tears leaked out of her eyes. Bubbles was full on crying now.

She was scared and all alone and it was scary and dark.

Nightwing sighed out a breath of relief when he saw a familiar figure sitting on a roof

"There you are kid! I was looking all over for you are you- okay....?" He trailed off after he noticed her crying.

"*hiccup* I-I'm all a-alone a-and I-ll n-never see Blossom o-or B-Buttercup or the P-Professor a-again!!" She explained sobbing.

Nightwing's expression softened at the crying girl.

"Hey, it's alright kid everything is going to be okay." He soothed

Bubbles sniffled

"You can help me Mr.Nightwing?" She asked with her big doe eyes.

"I'll try my best Bubbles." He said. In reality he had no idea if Bruce was going to let him take the kid into the batcave. Everyone knew about Batman's strict no meta's rule.

"Let me make a quick call." Nightwing pulled out a phone from who knows where and clicked on Bruce's contact.

"Hello?"

"Hey B, we've got a code M"

"There's a meta in Gotham?"

"Ya but that's not the only thing, she's a kid."

"That complicates things. How old is she?"

Dick pulled the phone away from his ear "How old are you Bubs?"

"Five! I'm a big kid!"

"She's Five."

"*sigh* do her parents live in Gotham?"

"She's lost, she doesn't know where she is."

"Fine, bring her to the cave. However she'll be under high surveillance. We don't know the true extent of her powers."

He then promptly hung up. Dick wasn't surprised. Bruce always liked having the last word.

"Good news Bubs. You're coming with me!" He smiled brightly.

Her eye's immediately lit up and she dried her tears away. Nice to know that there were some decent people in an unfamiliar place.

"Cool!"