Chapter 10 - Out of all the places she could have picked

(Kara's POV)

Considering it was well past three I wasn't expecting my phone to ring. I sighed, a small part of me wanted to ignore it but my hand fumbles across the dresser.

"Hello?"
..
..

Kizaki is opening my door before the car has stopped "Kara," I step out "thank you for coming."

I do a quick scan of the male, noticing the blood splattered across his shirt and the small group of men littering the lobby.

"Where is he?"

Kizaki sighs, eyes flickering up as he suddenly tackles me out of the way. The large oak desk smashed against the sidewalk.

"He's in his office."

..

..

I look down at the unconscious frames of three guards and the large holes littering the walls. Every picture, window and piece of furniture had been smashed to pieces. I shake my head, wondering exactly how long this had been happening before Kazaki decided to call me.

The loud smashing of glass has me turning down the hallway. I step over more bodies, hearing a loud bang echo down the hall and push open the bathroom door. Every one of the six stalls had been smashed, pieces of toilets had been splattered across the floor, water sprayed into the air, soaking the ground around us and I see one of the sinks embedded into the far wall.

"Hanayama?"
The male was so lost in anger I doubt he heard me
"Mr. Hanayama." I tried again as he rips another sink off the wall, bending it with a loud scream
"MR. HANAYAMA!"

His fist sinks into the wall, glass spraying around us and I sigh, doing something I'd probably regret and move, walking into the fire. My hand lifts, grabbing the arm of his jacket. He moves, hand gripping my throat and I'm shoved against the wall. His arms swings, large fist flying at my face as I shut my eyes. A loud boom echoes and I wait, wait for the pain to come. I crack an eye open when it doesn't and notice his fist buried in the wall a few inches from my face. My eyes flicker back to him and swallow, the two of us soaking under the spray.

"... Kaoru... please..."

I knew I was breaking protocol. I knew I wasn't supposed to call him that but against all odds it works, that haze of anger breaks, the pain of losing her and his mothers death approaching poured out. The male falls to his knees, head hanging low

I sigh, wrapping my arms around his large frame.

"It's okay to say you miss her..." my hand holds his head softly "Just for today..." his arms wrap around me "Just with me... Let go Hanayama..."

Here in the busted bathroom Hanayama let his tears flow.

-

(Sophia's POV)

I looked at the brunette sitting in front of the large mirror, drying her curly hair. The small towel wrapped around her frame left little to the imagination. My hands brushed over my gun; the familiar metal felt right in my hands. Five guards, three in the front, two in the back.

She'd be dead before they knew I was in there...

My phone vibrating causes me to pause, my fingers centimetres from the bedroom window. I blink, the full extent of my actions hitting me. I swallow, holstering my gun.

"Yeah?"

My head snaps up as Iowa speaks.

"Sophia she's gone! She's fucking gone."

I move, dropping off the second floor

"Okay, slow down." I stick to the shadows "What do you mean she's gone."

"I went to have a shower and when I came out the front door was open."

"Did you lock it?"

"No, because I'm a total moron! Yes, of course I locked it!"

I drop into my car down the street

"Okay Iowa this is very important. I need you to figure out if she left or if she was taken."

..

..

(Baki's POV)

My fist connects with another thug's face, the poor fool flies into the wall in a crumpled heap. I spin, looking at the three men behind me and felt my lips twitch as they step back in fear.

Flashback

The birds chirped around us, people walking through the park like always. I smile, sending Kozue a glance. She smiles, stopping to look at a bench a little way down. She smiles, kneeling to pick some flowers as I see a familiar face.

"How is she doctor?"

The older lady turns, sending me a soft smile. Almost ten months and she hadn't changed. Her silver hair wrapped in a tight bun, spotless black shoes, pressed pants and a white lab-coat cinched at the waist of what I dared say was an impressive figure.

"The same as usual." Her hand moves over a few charts "She's okay physically but-"

"But there's little change..." I sigh

Her hand lifts, resting on my cheek.

"I'm sorry my boy, I wish I had better news, but until she's ready to face that pain she will remain like this." We both turn, watching Kozue as she folds the flowers into a crown "Now if you-"

"HEY! I WASN'T DONE WITH YOU!"

We both turn, my eyes catching an older male chasing after a younger one, his hands grabbing the others arm.

"Let go of me old man!"

"I came all the way here and this is how you thank me?!"

"I'm not doing anything for you! Now let go!"

"Excuse me! You can't just barge in here!"

I'm moving before I realize it, stopping the hand aimed for the doctor and flip the large male over my shoulder. He hits the grass, yelling in pain as more doctors rush out the front door.

"It's okay now," I smile at the boy "He's leaving, okay?"

I practically toss the male into their arms, watching them escort the male to the front gates. Doctor shune smiles, her hand holding the boy.

"Thank you, Baki."

I nod, turning back to the bench and freeze when the flower crown was placed on the metal like some version of a throne and Kozue was gone.

I'd been at this for over six hours with no luck.
I look around the next corner, finding her usual hang out empty.

"Fuck Kozue... where are you?"

..
..

(Sophia's POV)

Iowa's snort of amusement isn't missed as we stop before the building.

"Oh, this is too good..." I ignore the urge to punch her

"Shut up..."

"Oh, come on! You got to admit this is glorious."

"Iowa."

"Out of all the places she could have picked..."

Iowa's second snort of amusement isn't missed as I typed in the code. I roll my eyes, pushing in the back door as the music blared around us, people dancing to the beat of the club.

"What's the plan."

"Find her ungrateful ass and drag her home."

Iowa puts a hand on the wall

"Is that before or after you punch her?"

I duck under her arm, walking into the heart of the club

"I haven't decided."