Confronting The Past Part 4

Start from the beginning

"Your fighting Navy...for me?" Purple asked softly.

"I'm not about to let some asshole like him hurt you. I myself have already done that to you. Besides, we can't lose you. I can't lose you." King said, brushing some of Purple's tears away.

"But..why?"

"Because, Purple," King said gently, bringing Purple closer to him as he glanced at the smaller stick. "I love you. Your the greatest thing that's ever happened to me since I lost Gold, and I've been so afraid of losing you lately, the thought itself can give me nightmares for months. I don't wanna lose you like I lost Gold. I want you to understand that everything I've done since Navy kidnapped you, I've done for your sake. Your safety."

Purple wanted to cry again. "Before you came to rescue me, I thought I was gonna be alone forever," He admitted. "I thought I wasn't gonna see you again, and it scared me. I was so scared, King. I thought we'd never be together again." He fought back the urge to cry.

"Don't worry. You'll see me again. Trust me. Just know, I'll always be here to protect you. Even when we're apart. Because I love you. I love you so much, Purple." He hugged Purple one last time before everything around him vanished in a cloud of smoke.

He wiped his remaining tears away. "I....I love you too, King." He turned to see a bright light at the end of the corridor. He ran for it, listening to the cheers and chants from everyone around him.

"YOU'VE GOT THIS!" Blue screamed.

"Kick that darkness' ass, Purple!" Green added.

"Your in charge, buddy!" Red yelled.

"We're here for you, Purple!" Yellow shouted.

"And we'll be here no matter what!" Second added.

"We all believe in you!" King motivated. "We love you!"

Purple gave a small smile.

"Listen to me, Purple. We love you. I love you." King said, a determined smile stuck on his face as Purple began to emit that same energy.

"Forget your dad!" Gold said. "We're a better family

"Navy, I'm done being controlled by you," Purple said to himself, motivating himself to run faster. "King's a better father, and a better friend, than you ever were. I. Won't. Let. You. Bring. Me. DOWN!" He jumped at the bright light, and let King's final words to him sink in.

"I love you so much, Purple."

"I love you too, King." He smiled.

Just hold on, guys. I'm coming.

King and the others stared at the dark cyclone enveloping the city. Almost all of them were trembling so bad, most of them were close to falling over as Navy cackled from above them.

"And now," He began, loud enough for the city to hear. "My master plan shall begin!"

"OH NO IT WON'T!"

King glanced up as a purple blur flew past them and up towards Navy before the two of them collided. The blur of Navy and the other stick slammed into the ground full force as a familiar stick escaped the smoke.

Purple.

"Oh my god...THAT WAS AWESOME!" Green screamed from Second's arms. Purple sent a small smile at him before looking at King.

"Your....your alright," King breathed, shakily walking over. "Your alright!" He scooped the stick into his arms.

"I heard you." Purple said quietly.

"W-What? That's impossible! I've been fighting your dad this whole time!" King stammered, holding Purple close.

"You were there. You said...that you've always cared about me from the start. Everything you've done for me ever since I was kidnapped, you've done to prove you care." Purple said, keeping a grip on one of King's hands.

"I did." King said softly.

"You promised you'd be there for me, no matter what." Purple looked up at him, tears shimmering in his eyes. "You...you said you loved me."

"I do, Purple. I love you so much. I'll never leave you." King hugged him tighter.

"Promise?"

King smiled. "Promise."

Purple glanced at his father, who begun levitating again. He spawned blades from the leftover ViraBands he found and grasped one of King's hands. "Let's finish this once and for all. Ready guys?!"

"READY!" Came the chorus of responses from the team, stepping forward into battle positions. King and Purple shared a small smile.

"Let's finish this." Purple said, fiery determination blazing in his eyes.

King grasped his hand tighter.

"Together."