⌗ 42

დ

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

Within the hour, the eight of them had loaded their weapons and set up everything they needed to execute the plan. Renjun stood in front of the door, his phone in his hands.

Renjun had used the last hour to hack into the government's alarm system, gaining access to the evacuation alarm.

“Remember guys, be careful. Stay with your partner.”, Mark reminded them, no words needed for the others to show their agreement. “Countdown ready.”, Renjun announced.

Nerves surrounded her like a cocoon, her hands gripping onto the hem of her shirt. “1....”, he began.

“2....”, Jeno gripped onto the pistol in his hand, ready to fight for his life.

“3....!!!!”, Renjun activated the alarm, the loud, ear piercing wail sounded off through each street, alerting the entire Capitol to head towards the three safety facilities.

The eight of them ran out of the house, their eyes landing on the citizens who were running for their lives, screaming as loud as they could.

Renjun grabbed onto Zoey's hand, dragging her into the crowd of people to blend in.

Some people took notice of their presence, their faces instantly lighting up at the sight of their potential saviours. Jeno and Mark directed the citizens in the right direction, but not for long.

Officers took notice of their presence, aiming their weapons at them and calling for backup. “Over there! Members of Neo Zone!”, the officer informed, announcing their presence.

The shootout began.

Bullets flew across the street, the citizens only hoping they didn't get caught in between the brutal crossfire.

Renjun let go of Zoey's hand to point his pistol at one of the officers. Zoey blended into the crowd, continueing with the mission despite the strong disturbance.

However, in the corner of her eye, she saw a young boy being dragged out of the crowd by one of the officers, his gun pointed at the boys head.

Rage had taken over her body as she pushed through the crowd, her steps carrying her towards the enraging scene. “Yah!”, she shouted out, announcing her presence.

The officer looked up, only to get shot on the arm, his weapon lowering from the pain in his arm.

Zoey pushed the little boy behind her, his small hands wrapping around her leg. “What do you think you're doing?!”.

She glared at the officer, earning a glare in return. Zoey shot him again, this time on the leg. “Run!”, she told the boy, coaxing him towards the crowd.

He nodded, making a run for it. The officer noticed this and pointed his gun at the terrified boy.

Zoey widened her eyes, her gaze landing on the officer. Subconsciously, she took steps forward, her body hiding the boy as the officer pulled the trigger.

She let out a piercing scream, the bullet landing in her side.

The officer dropped his gun, falling to his knees as he was profusely bleeding.

Zoey groaned in pain, her eyes watering at the pain she never wanted to feel again.

Her screams carried through the crowd, the sound grabbing the attention of the seven boys who had completely forgotten about their mission, too busy fighting for their lives.

Renjun glanced around the crowd of people, finally catching sight of the girl who slid down the wall, clutching her side in pain.

His eyes widened, his orbs filling with guilt as he knew he couldn't help her at the moment.

Renjun took to his earpiece, calling out to the closest available member.

Flower got shot! I repeat, Flower got shot! Whoever is available, help her!”, Renjun announced, his voice sounding panicked.

On it!”, a voice rang throughout the communicator, their steps wandering around the crowd, searching for the injured girl.

Zoey's breathing became heavy, the sound of her own heart thumping out of her chest muffled the sound of her earpiece.

She bit her lip in pain, trying to hold it in as her head throbbed and blood pooled down her side. At this rate, I'll bleed out, she thought.

The immense fear took over, she couldn't die now, not without letting them know who she truly felt for.

The instant regret washed over her, each wave hitting her harder than the last. Tears slipped out, her strong demeanor melting down along with it.

She cursed herself out for being vulnerable, but she couldn't help it, all of her emotions poured out as her life flashed before her eyes.

She felt her eyes blur and the strength in her body slowly drain itself as her body numbed. This is it, she thought.

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you how I felt..

Don't mourn my death, seeing you sad only makes me sad..

Be happy, take care of the others... Don't disregard your health or I'll come back to haunt you, I can promise you that.

I'm glad I got a chance to know you and the others, I really enjoyed the time I spent with you guys...

I'm sorry... and I love you...

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

FINAL SHIP UPDATE!!!!

Probably not going to update for a lil to give y'all time to think, but this is your final chance! Think wisely!

You have been warned- jkjk I love y'all, don't rush yourselves~

Now, place your votes! ;)

Mark x Zoey

Renjun x Zoey

Jeno x Zoey

Haechan x Zoey

Jaemin x Zoey

Chenle x Zoey

Jisung x Zoey