Keeping Him Happy

Comincia dall'inizio

He opened the door to the master bedroom slowly and closed it behind him gently. Raichelle was normally a light sleeper and would usually wake up from just his foot steps, but towards the end of her pregnancy she began sleeping harder. Now it was hard for him to wake her up, but it worked in his favor tonight. He peeked at the baby in the bedside crib, before going into the bathroom and taking off his dirty clothes. He threw them in the hamper and hopped in the shower. He had been up all day and was exhausted, so he washed his body quickly. He brushed his teeth, lotioned his body, and put on deodorant and a pair of boxers. When he opened the bathroom door Rai was sitting up in the bed changing Simone diaper. Although they were in the same house all day, he hadn't spoken to her since their argument after dinner. She looked up for a moment making eye contact for a moment. She tucked her lips in and put her head back down focusing on the baby. He watched as she rubbed vaseline and poured baby power on Simone before pulling the velcro straps closing the diaper. He got on the bed and sat next to Rai. Simone kicked her little feet and fists as she whined impatiently waiting for her bottle. The fact that Raichelle wasn't breast feeding her reminded him that she had wine at dinner. "Here, let me feed her." Rai hesitated, but passed the baby to him with the bottle already in her mouth. "Maurice smiled down making eye contact and smiling as his daughter fed greedily from the bottle. "Damn, she don't be playing no games about her food huh?" Rai just chuckled a bit and ran her hand through Simones soft curls. She was still a little frustrated from earlier, she was uncomfortable with a stranger in her house. Especially seeing as that stranger knew she was taking care of Malik after Maurice had specifically told her to stay away from him. When Norianne brought up dinner Imani she was able to get a good look at her face, she was certain that was her. Raichelle sighed and got up from the bed. Maurice watched as she grabbed the silk robe off the bed post and tied it close before leaving the bedroom. He shook his head. She could be so damn childish and stubborn at times it pissed him off. He wasn't about to let her get under his skin, cause he was feeding his daughter and he knew baby's were sensitive to vibes. It was job as a father to make sure Simone felt safe, secure and unconditional love from him. He would do his best to keep all negativity away from her. It surprised him to see Raichelle come back into the room so soon. She had a burp cloth draped over her shoulder, two small ziploc bags with milk, two onsies, some bibs, a bowl of fruit and a bottle of water. If he wasn't holding Simone he would've got up to help, but he didn't wanna disturb her. Well atleast she wasn't locking herself away in one of the guests room to avoid being around him. Then again that wouldn't work, because they have the baby now. "Would you like some" She asked quietly once she put all the thing away and sat next to him. "Sure." He opened his mouth and she fed him a piece of mango. They sat there quietly for awhile eating the fruit until Maurice got up and put the baby in crib. "Did you think about what we discussed earlier?" He asked sliding back in bed laying down with his eyes closed. Raichelle put a strawberry in her mouth and chewed it before she answered. "I gathered that it's already something that you decided, so I guess there's really nothing left to discuss." She said turning her body to face his. He nodded his head happy that he wouldn't have to argue, so he could go to sleep. "You'll see...it'll make things so much simpler. Get some rest, you should really learn to relax while she sleeps." He said yawning, and put his arm over his face.
Raichelle knew that meant he would be sleep soon. Although she didn't argue with him, she wasn't cool with having Nora in her house or with staying home until Simone started school. All evening she was thinking about one of the arguments they had while she was pregnant, mostly what Maurice said:

"You ready to go, I understand that....but not with my child." My eyebrows knit together as I rolled his words around in my mind. "So...you mean I can't leave untill I have the baby?! Is that you saying?" I huffed and sat foward ready to listen carefully to the next thing that came out his full lips. "Correct! After you have the baby you can leave and do whatever your little heart desires, and who ever for that matter." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and smacked my teeth (This ninja smmfh). "However my daughter will stay here."

Would he actually allow her to leave and keep Simone here, she wasn't sure if he was capable of that or if she was willing to test the waters that far. Going along with this frustrated her, but she understood she had to pick her battles. Especially since losing her daughter was something she simply couldn't take. She sighed dramatically and got up putting her robe back on so she could take the bowl the fruit was in back to the kitchen. She really didn't wanna leave him, but she wished he would more like he did before she found out about his side life. She thought as she made her way downstairs. Maybe he was right in saying she was the one who changed. All the controlling and demanding her do things didn't start till she tried to leave him, so maybe if she just chilled out so would he and she could be happy again. But how could she be happy being a stay at home mom with a stranger in her house? Neither of those things would be something she chose to do. Marriage was about compromising with your partner, and it's not like he was making things harder for her. She just didn't like the way he went about it, why couldn't he understand that?. She stopped in her tracks when she saw Nora scooping ice cream into a bowl. She was wearing a robe, a bonnet and fluffy slippers. Rai was stuck in her spot watching the woman, she put three more scoops in her bowl and put the top on the container. Nora was unaware she was being watched as she put cashews and cherries in the bowl and sprayed whipped cream all over the dessert before licking the ice cream scooper and placing it in the sink. She replaced the ice cream and started eating it while she walked towards Raichelle. "Oh....Raichelle....I didn't know you were standing there. Is everything alright, did you need something?" Raichelle eyebrows creased and a frown formed on her face. "No....I...uh...was just putting this bowl back." She said lifting the bowl and fork for her to see. "Oh, ok. Well if you need anything I have a hard time sleeping at night, so don't hesitate to ask ok?" Norianne said smiling. "Thanks Nora." Rai said quietly walking to the sink to wash her bowl and the scooper Nora had just used. "It's Norianne, but you can call me Nori if that'll be easier for you to remember." She said watching Raichelle with her head bowed washing the dishes. "Ok." She responded simply and stood there waiting for Norianne to go upstairs. Raichelle sighed and shook her head, this was definitely gonna take some time getting used to this woman in her house.
When she got in bed with Maurice he turned to her and pulled her close cuddling her. It was something that he did on instinct, so she didn't complain. Laying there with her eyes open she willed herself to stop thinking and fall asleep. She relaxed her body into Maurice and closed her eyes.

🥰😍😘❤️❤️

Hey guys happy reading!

A little twist. Maurice actually seems to be successful in taiming Raichelle and getting her to accept his way. How long will Norianne last before she's found out? Will she be able to carry out her plan before Raichelle puts two and two together.
Will Malik go along with the plan, or will his love for Raichelle outweigh his loyalty to his cousin?

Only one way to find out, stay tuned.....
And as always don't forget to vote, comment and share