⤷ iv. falling all in you.

✧*̥˚ chapter four: falling all in you *̥˚✧continuation from the last chapter

continuation from the last chapter.

               Jesse glanced at Parker and then checked the rearview mirror, observing Evelyn sleeping as Parker drove in the direction to his house, "Nothing happened, right? She didn't get hurt in there while she was..." Jesse's words trailed off, but Parker understood what he meant.

"No, I don't think so. When I got to her, Fin and Hazel were with her and you know those girls, they're good - they'd never let her even be in a situation where something like that could happen."

Parker was so sure about it too. He wasn't so oblivious to understand the dynamics between the girls he was friends with. They often voiced out their opinions on matters, especially supporting other girls, even if they didn't like them. It was something he admired about them.

Upon reaching his house, Jesse turned to him and asked, "You'll text me when you're back home? And check on her in the morning?" Parker nodded, and Jesse visibly relaxed. Opening the car door, Jesse said, "See you at school on Monday. Thanks for the ride, I owe you."

Parker knew Jesse didn't owe him anything, but he didn't say that. He would never let Jesse repay him for anything. After Jesse went inside, Parker turned the car around and headed to Evelyn's place.

When Parker arrived at her house, he noticed that the main light was still on, indicating that Evelyn's mom was awake. He knew that Evelyn would likely get in trouble for this, but he couldn't take her back to his place. It didn't feel right. His priority was getting her settled in and ensuring she was safe with her mom.

With some effort, he helped a now somewhat awake Evelyn out of the car and guided her to the front door.

He remembered Lily telling him about the key and was about to make his way until he heard Evelyn mumble about the key being in her pocket and how her mom would be angry. Parker gently took the key from her as she struggled to retrieve it.

After a bit of fumbling, he managed to open the door and led Evelyn inside.

Evelyn's mom, Brooke, stood up from the couch as soon as she saw them, her surprise evident upon seeing her daughter's state. "Eve? Hey," she quickly approached them, wrapping her arm around Evelyn's waist to support her.

Taking Evelyn from Parker, she guided her down to her room. Parker followed closely, making sure Evelyn didn't stumble. "Oh - you are so in trouble, young lady." Brooke muttered, and Parker couldn't help but smile.

"I'm really sorry, I had no idea she was..." Parker hesitated to say the word aloud but felt that she understood what he meant as she looked at him with a concerned expression. "I'm just glad I could bring her home in time," he admitted, feeling a little embarrassed.

"It's okay, Parker," Her voice rasped once they had settled Evelyn into bed. She watched as Evelyn moved to lie on her side and closed her eyes, quickly succumbing to sleep. Brooke then placed a bin beside the bed, just in case Evelyn felt sick, before turning to look at Parker. "Thank you." Parker nodded before making his way to leave, but Brooke stopped him.