Fifty five: Captured [2]

"..Go and find out yourself."

Remus held a scowl for a minute at Luna before sighing and eventually passing the two.

Luna followed Remus's movement, as he had pass by her, he was shaking his head and stomping his feet. Seemingly irritated by what she had just said. 

'He should've just said he's worried about her, why is it that its hard for him to convey his true concern when it comes to Rei. They fight and all, but still... I just don't get them.'

Luna frowned at her thought, the relationship between Remus and Rei was really partially odd. They always fight, but doesn't really treat each other as a rival or enemy. In fact, over the past few months, Luna noticed how the two have similar interests. Although, when it comes to the way they convey their feelings they're different.

Unlike Rei, who always leak her thoughts out just by her expression, Remus is quite reserved. He acts well on the role of despising Rei when his gestures says otherwise at times. He's not that expressive on concerns or anything related to Rei. But he shows concern towards others. He's sharp tongued most of the time.

"Hmm... I don't think if Austin and him bump into each other, things would end well."

Luna's train of thought was disturbed by Shiki's muttering, watching as Remus vanished from their view.

"Have they ever fought before?" She asked.

Shiki didn't respond, instead he nodded.

Considering the fact that they seem to be in bad terms since the performance before, Luna could already tell the boiling tension between the two. Austin seem to hold a lot of grudge against Remus, as far as Luna is concerned, Remus had only shown that he dislikes Austin, nothing more nothing less. He just disliked him at best.

Even inside the class, Luna could feel Austin's piercing gaze to Remus. He was seated near the window that goes with the hallway, moreover, he's just at Luna's right.

"This may sound bad, but when he was dating my sister...some of their fights were about Remus, I'm not sure whether it was because he became wary of Remus and became jealous of him because of his intimacy with my sister back then or perhaps he..." Shiki trailed off.

"He...what?" Luna questioned, bewildered why he just suddenly stop midway.

'That is one hot tea he spilled.' She thought.

"...Never mind, I don't really like prying into my sister's life and decision, so I don't know why Remus was often included in their fights. Oh, but he definitely isn't the reason why they stopped dating."

Shiki didn't want Luna to think that there was a third party on Austin and Rei's past relationship, more specifically he didn't want to make Remus a third party. Although, he couldn't deny the fact that almost quarter of Austin and Rei's fights; Remus was always included. He didn't bother asking, he never really tried prying into them.

His elder brother however always did. He perhaps might know more of Austin and Rei's past relationship.

"Anyway, I'm going." Shiki bid, going towards the opposite direction.

"Wait, you're not going back to class?" Luna asked.

Shiki halted as he glance back and continued walking, responding with only a wave of his hand as he disappeared.

Luna couldn't care less. She sighed before entering the premises and went to the class.

On her way back, the two beast caught up with her.

'Ah geez! Don't leave us alone!' Aella whined.

'...Ah, I was wondering where you two were.' Luna realized, she had almost forgotten she has pets all this time.

'Ah~ you're being cruel now that you've become close with Shiki, I'd bet you two will—'

'Not happening!' Luna interrupt, not letting Aella finish her sentence for she already knew where the conversation was going.

Furious as Aella was, she shifted back into her original form pouting, as she glared at Luna.

'You... You! It's been what? Three months? There's still no progress at your relationship with the interest, at all! Do you want to get out of here or not?!'

'Sure, sure. Let's say I'm more focus on the way things are turning out as of late, rather than that romance stuff. I'll get into it soon, don't rush me!' Dizian intoned.

'A...Aaaarggh!' Aella furiously yelled.

Aella and Dizian continued their telepathic arguement, Agapius just sighed in distress about the two' lowly arguements.

***

The class hours was finished in a flash, as the students had began to go to their respective area to clean.

Cleaning within their class are by pairs, furthermore their partners are their deskmate. Each week, there are a total of seven choose pairs; For blackboard, garbage, floor sweeping, chair arrangements, cabinets and windows and hallway.

The seated pairs are picked randomly, as of currently, Luna unfortunately was tasked with the garbage. And unluckily, her partner seem to have skipped class after vacant. Shiki apparently didn't attend the two remaining classes.

When everyone was done, Luna went into the two packed garbage bags;

"That cold, stoic, indifferent bastard. I bet he knew we're on garbage duty and ditched me!" Luna grumbled as she took out the black bags out of the basket and sets them aside to replace them with new ones.

"I wouldn't ditched you for that shallow of an excuse."

"Gyaaaaa..!!!" Luna almost throw the garbage bag she picked up when she heard the cold familiar voice creeping up from her behind. "You scared me to death!"

Luna's heart almost jumped out of her chest. Not clearly expecting for Shiki to actually show up. Moreover, she was the only one left since she had to wait for the others to finish cleaning before throwing out the trash. Was cursing him a way to make him appear?

"If not then here," Luna gave Shiki the other garbage bag "throw this out." She ordered.

Shiki did not say anything instead took the garbage bag with no complaints and followed her as they head out at the side stairs as they walked down and went to the back of the school, which where the burning furnace was.

As they were throwing the trash at the furnace, Shiki flinched.

"Ah," he said as if he remembered something "I bumped into Rinalyn earlier." He started.

"Oh yeah? Have you guys worked things out?" Luna asked dusting her hands.

Shiki gave a direct glance to Luna before glancing away. "...No, she only said that if I saw you.. I should tell you to come to the oval at seven o'clock to meet with her, after than she left."

Luna immediately perceived that, this has something to do with what they were supposed to talk about earlier.

Luna took out her phone to glance at the time. It was already quarter to six.

"I see, alright. Let's finish this up and I'll meet with her after."