Prologue

The dawn approached with yet another ray of hope only to dilute into nothingness

The dawn approached with yet another ray of hope only to dilute into nothingness. A normal day with people walking in search of medicines, reports and doctors. Some prayed silently outside the room while the others wailed loudly, the cries echoing through the plain white walls.

A few people talked in hushed tones while the telephones on the reception kept buzzing after a minute or so. A few people bid their goodbyes as they left for their homes after the shift was over.

The far corner of the VIP floor was as usual silent with no one waiting there. The doctor sighed as he approached the last room, without any hopes for getting a positive response. On twisting the door knob, his ears ringed with the usual sound of machines and echo cardiograph. He checked the vitals and pulse of the patient which were normal as usual but the patient showed no movement. However, when he was about to leave, something unexpected happened.

The knuckles of the patient moved as she tried to stretch her fingers. He squinted his eyes to observe carefully, making sure he wasn't mistaken. The patient groaned and this time he was sure that it wasn't his delusion. He quickly trotted towards the bed only to notice that the patient opened her eyes only to close them instantly due to the harsh light of the room. Again trying her level best, she opened her eyes only to come face to face with an unfamiliar person.

The doctor quickly dialed hercontact to inform them about the patient's health so they could come as soon as possible. Sensing discomfort from the patient's movement, the doctor quickly went down to his work.

After a few minutes when the patient was in her senses and seated comfortably against the bed, she asked.

"Where am I?" Her voice was hoarse and panicked. The surroundings made her uncomfortable and she hyperventilated.

"What is this place? Why is it so modern? Where is my family? Where is everyone? Who are you? Why are you dressed in 21st century clothes? Have you also traveled back in time? Am I dreaming? Yes. I'm dreaming right? I sure am. This isn't possible." the patient continued to blabber while the doctor tried his best to calm her as he noticed the vitals fluctuating.

The door of the room barged open as a lady entered in a disheveled state, her breathing fast.

"Finally you are up woman." She sighed and rested her head against the door, closing her eyes to take a breath of relief.

"Manyata? What the fuck are you doing here? You also came back in time? What is happening? I'm so confused right now." Manyata looked at her friend with squinted eyed and gazed at the doctor soon after. Raising her head a little upwards asking the doctor whats wrong with her expressions. The doctor shrugged, equally flabbergasted by the reaction the patient gave.

"Manyata please say something. Have you seen my husband? Where is he?" The more her friend spoke, the more she confused Manyata. The doctor quickly left as Manyata took a seat beside her friend.

"Aahana what are you talking about?" Clasping her friend's hand in her, she asked softly.

"Manyata, I traveled back in time. I have a life there. I have a husband, kids, a family there. I need to go back. I really have to." Manyata couldn't believe what rubbish her friend was speaking.

"Aahana you don't have a husband. You never got married." Manyata voiced out making Aahana shake her head as tears began to stream down her already tired face.

"No Manya. I'm married. I have a husband and I-"

"Aahana!" Manyata cut her off in the middle and squeezed her hand tightly in her hold.

"You've been in coma for 7 months. You haven't been awake since last seven months." Aahana's head began to spin, ready to explode as Manyata dropped the bomb on her.

Coma? 7 months? How is this possible? I was with my family, the love of my life. What is even she saying?

Aahan thought to herself as her dizziness increased.

"After falling down the valley, you were badly injured. Luckily, a kind hearted person saw you lying in a terrible condition by the river. He took you to the hospital where the doctors said that you went into coma. It took you 7 months to wake up." Manyata tried to reason her friend but she was buying none of it.

"You are lying. Where is my husband? He will answer better." Aahana paid no attention to her friend as she tried to get up with the support of the bed.

"You were never married Aahana. Try and understand. Where are you going? You are still weak." Manyata tried to reason but Aahana paid no attention to her.

Not moving since almost 7 months, her steps wavered as her head spinned but before she could meet the floor, two strong arms held her tight. She took deep breaths, trying to calm her breathing against a hard but warm chest. She looked up with a teary gaze as her eyes met a familiar brown ones. Her face broke into a big grin as she sighed in relief.

Arya, my husband is here. I wasn't dreaming.

"Aahana, this is the man who saved your life. He is one of the most successful business tycoon of current times. He is Mr. Vikrant Raizada, the man who rescued you."