The Forest

Juniper didn't know what to expect. Thomas Olmarvo was a complete wild card. She's glad she read and has had practice with Occlumency before, certain things were very important to keep concealed. 

"Start by clearing your mind" He said to me. "Envision a place that calms you and put up barriers to protect that place."

He was saying similar stuff to what the books were telling me. I already knew the perfect place. The Forbidden Forest. I loved it there. The creatures there were deadly but magnificent. It's something Hagrid and I had in common. We would often go to the forest together and talk about the creatures that roamed the area. 

My mind forest looked exactly like the forbidden one. Only, the trees were doorways to what i assume were my memories. I imagine the branches were locks, they only obeyed to me. 

"I'm going to try to enter your mind now. Don't let me."

After he said that I felt a pressure in my head. He was suddenly in my forest with me. 

I met him there, standing in my mindscape, just us.

"Beautiful." He said, "Complex, and like you in a sense."

I was entranced by my mind. The trees, the flowers, the pond. The soft noise of the trees bristling in the back and the slight wind swirling around us.

"Thank you" I responded. This was my safe haven.

"You've done well by yourself at this point. It's our first lesson and I'm impressed. I don't see a need to keep you any longer. We will meet again in a couple of days. Then, we will practice you blocking me out of your memories."

He left my mind after that. And I left his office with a simple nod as a 'see you then'. I made my way back to the common room to inform the others of my lesson with Olmarvo. I knew one thing for sure.

I can't wait for the next lesson.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter and thank you for your patience as I find motivation to actually update my stories. Life has been crazy lately.