Chapter 7: Chill Wit Me

Omniscient
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
February 19, 2023

"Aye suh come here." Daija calls Jayla over.

"Wassup?" Jayla sits next to Daija on the couch.

"See this girl I follow posted something a lil interesting." Daija says making Jayla now invested.

"Alright so she posted this video on her ig story and I was like 'that car look familiar.' Then she posted pictures in a costume and who house that look like?" Daija explains showing her her evidence.

"Trip's." Jayla tilts her head to the side as she comes to a realization.

"And guess who had a costume party for their birthday?" Daija smirks.

"Hmm. Interesting." Jayla purses her lips together.

_________________________________
Destiny Qira Mae
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
February 19, 2023

I woke up around 10 am with a bad ass headache. Luckily I keep a bottle of Ibuprofen in my nightstand and a water bottle in my mini fridge. After that, I open my phone and check all notifications.

When I open instagram, I immediately notice the the lil heart symbol in the top right corner is showing so many people have liked, followed, and commented on something. Of course I click on it and see that all notifications are coming from my post from last night. I now have 10,421 likes, 439 comments, and 136 more people followed me since that post.

I immediately sit up confused as hell as to why this picture in specific is doing numbers. I'm literally just in a police outfit. I check the comments and see what people are saying and half are just comments with heart eyes and others saying how pretty I am but I need to lose weight. So nun new for real, guess this one just made its way to the explore page.

After a few minutes, I get up to use the bathroom, brush my teeth, and take a shower since I didn't take one before going to bed last night. Roughly around 40 minutes later, I get done getting ready. I grab my phone and go back on instagram. I'm looking at everyone I follow stories and notice all of the boys reposted me. I guess that explains why I got so much attention on my latest post since they all have thousands of followers while I only have 2,000.

Hopefully he got a fine ass friend that'll see my picture and fall in love with me then we'll have like 4 kids in a big house with 7 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms

As I'm casually scrolling through Instagram, Diamond comes in my room.

"Hey sexy." She lays at the end of my bed.

"Hey bae." I smile moving my feet so she can have space.

"What you got planned for today?" She asks.

"Nothing really. Just finishing this assignment for social psychology." I answer rolling my eyes.