Chapter Two

Liv headed into the OC building seeing the team waiting for her, each wearing a more anxious look than the last.
"Hey, what's going on?" Liv looked between them, her heart begining to beat harder.
"Do you want to tell her?" Anaya asked Elliot. Liv could see the vein in his head pulsing because he was tense.
"Liv, we've been working on a human trafficking case. Last night I was invited to an auction" he sighed deeply "There were kids there, no older than 16. We arrested a guy and when we tried to talk to him, all he said was 'I'll only talk to Captain Olivia Benson'" Liv tossed her bag on the nearest chair along with her coat.
"What did he say to you?" She asked, keeping her side to him, refusing to meet his eyes.
"Liv-"
"Did he say anything" she demanded.
"He asked for you, that's it" he told her, she nodded.
"I'll talk to him. Take a walk El" she ordered, finally meeting his eyes.
"What?"
"Your not going to like this. Whatever he says, don't come in there" she ordered, gently this time. Liv headed to the interrogation room with every else following behind. She took in a deep breath before she went inside.
"Liv" he rose to his feet "You have to believe me-"
"Sit Burton" she ordered making him drop back into his seat.
"Why were you there?" She asked, looking down at him from where she stood.
"I didn't know what-"
"Try again" she bit.
"I broke my sobriety. I went for a drink-"
"Try again. I'm loosing my temper Burton. Tell the truth. Why were you there?"
"I was drinking"
"Tell me something I don't know. I could smell the bourbon when I walked in here"
"Liv. Please. You know I've been trying to get sober. I asked for your forgiveness but you didn't give it to me"
"I gave you the privilege of speaking to me which was more than you deserved. I'll ask again. What were you doing there?"
"Did you tell them?" He asked, motioning his head towards the one way glass "16 year old Olivia Benson, so willing to please. Does that bald one know about your scars? He practically froze when I said your name" he looked right at the glass "The ones on her back, her thigh, her breast-"
"Enough" Liv slammed her hand down on the table, silencing him.
"Still playing the victim, Liv? You consented every damn time. I don't remember any complaints" he bit.
"The first thing you said to me after we screwed that last time 'You've filled out in all the right places'" she scoffed "You raped 27 women. Most of them with brown eyes and brown hair. That's a pattern of behavior. Your a rapist, Burton. And it all started back then, with me"
"You think your special, Liv?" He scoffed "You were just a tight screw until I found someone new" he bit. Liv's jaw tensed as she stared at him, only finding sincerity in his eyes. She stormed out of interrogation, the door banging off the wall before it slammed shut again.
"I need to break something" She bit through gritted teeth, Elliot motioned to a mug on the desk next to her and she picked it up quickly, throwing it across the room, the smash reverberating throughout the room.
"Damn it!" She cursed, running a hand through her hair.
"You knew him when you were 16?" Jet asked, her small voice breaking through the angry air.
"I screwed him when I was 16 like an idiot and then again after he showed back up in my life because I let myself be sweet talked, knowing exactly what he was" Liv bit before she took a calming breath "My mother was a drunk who couldn't stand the sight of me because I was conceived out of rape. He was kind and he listened to me talk about her. We 'dated' for a few months, if you can call it that. He proposed and I was so happy to finally be able to get away from her but, when I told her she went crazy-"
"How crazy?" Reyes asked. Liv looked to Elliot before her eyes dropped back to the floor.
"She was half way through a bottle of vodka. She dropped it. She picked up the jagged edge and came at me. I ran" she explained.
"You never told me it was that bad" Eliott muttered sadly.
"I only told two people what she was really like and one of them turned out to be a rapist" she shrugged "It was easier to forget" she muttered.
"What about the scars?"