"There's no need to catch up, Aurelia, you sold your daughters off to the highest bidders and ruined their lives for your benefit," Lamia told her.

"It doesn't seem like your life is ruined," Aurelia said.

Lamia was starting to get impatient.

"Look don't make me beat your ass in this store, Aurelia, I don't know what you thought was going to happen here but stay away from me and my family because I will hurt you. I've suffered enough because of you. Let's go, kids," Lamia said as she bumped her shopping cart into Aurelia's shopping cart, moving it to get out of the aisle.

"Lamia," Aurelia said, trying to get her to stop walking away.

"Go to hell, Aurelia!" Lamia said over her shoulder without looking at her.

Lamia pushes the shopping cart across the next aisle. "Sorry about that," She told her kids.

"She's your mom?" Laith asked.

Lamia sighed.

"Sadly, yes," Lamia answered.

Lamia resumed her errands with an agitated look on her face. Aurelia had ruined her day. She was praying to God that she doesn't have any more run-ins with her mother. She was afraid of what she might do if she sees her again.

Kamoria was going to be pissed that she missed a chance to confront their mother once Lamia tells her about her run-in with her today.

Liked by lamia and 124,722 others
sasolisafaust Reunited, and it feels so good 🌟
View all 1,000 comments

"Girl, I'm so sorry that happened to you," Sasolisa said, after hearing the truth about what happened to Lamia all those years ago.

Once word had spread that Lamia was back in town. Everyone was reaching out to talk to her. Lamia had met up with her old neighborhood friends. It also didn't take long for the truth of Lamia's disappearance to spread across the city.

Everyone was now side-eyeing her parents for their shady behavior and mistreatment of their daughters.

Lamia shakes her head.

"I don't even know how to respond when people say that, you know, I'm sorry that happened to you like it's a relief that people know the truth, but what do you say to that?" Lamia asked.

"Thanks. Then change the subject or move on," Valentina said.

"I can't believe your parents did that to you and Kamoria, man I was so pissed when I found out the truth," April said.

"I hadn't even known they lied like that because I definitely would have tried to show my face sooner, let everyone know what was up," Lamia said.

"Girl, everyone never really believed that you had the balls to run away, we just couldn't approve that something had happened," Kandice said.

"Yeah, aside from myself, Joe and his family were probably the only ones who came out and said they don't believe that shit," Sasolisa said.

The other girls agreed.

"They took your disappearance the hardest, you would have thought they lost a family member," April said.

"That's because they did," Sasolisa said, taking a sip of their drink. "They loved...Well, they probably still love you, Lamia," She added.

"And Joe that man was a wreck for the rest of high school over you, I never thought he would move on from you," Kandice said.

Valentina snorted.

"You can move on and still want that old thing back. I promise you that man wants her now and probably forever will," Valentina said.

Lamia groaned.

"Not you guys too. I swear I don't see what everyone else sees. Joe doesn't have feelings for me. We were kids, y'all," Lamia said.

Sasolisa playfully rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, kids who had five kids, girl, the man gave you his seeds, you know how many girls tried to
sleep with him and he never gave them the time of day. He was stuck on you until college," Sasolisa said.

"And will probably still be stuck on you if you open your eyes and give him a chance," April said.

Lamia shakes her head.

"I've been burned by relationships, if he wants me like everyone is saying then he gonna have to put in work because I'm not opening myself up for more hurt," Lamia said.

"Okay say he does then what?" Sasolisa asked Lamia.

Lamia thought about it for a moment before answering.

"Then I can see something happening between us," Lamia answered with a shrug.

"She knows she wants him, like real bad," Valentina said, smirking.

Lamia rolled her eyes.

"I ain't an idiot, he's a beautiful man, who wouldn't want him, but I'm not going to set myself up to be hurt like you guys don't understand Lance put me through hell, I don't have the energy to drag myself out of suffering again if Joe hurts me," Lamia said.

"Joe isn't Lance, Lamia," Sasolisa said.