Chapter 4

**Third Person POV**

Everyone is following Fiona with their cameras ready.

"Welcome to the Moore mansion.  The house was built in 1865 by Phillip and Joseph Moore who were twin brothers. They decided to build a mansion so both of their families could live in the same home. They didn't like being separated." she chuckles.

"So what's the story in there?" Josh asks pointing into a bedroom.

"Well, that is Maria's room. She is the daughter of James Moore. She was only 4 when she died of cancer in 1932. That's why there are dolls and toys in there. She likes to play with catballs and rempods. Though you have to read her a story before she'll talk into any EVP devices. She loves the story of the balloon tree, I have a copy of the book in the office if you'd like to chat with Maria." she explained.

"Oh man another little girl!" Sam exclaimed while the others laughed. 

"Though Colby might have better luck with Emily down the hall. Sam, sadly, Maria loves blonde boys because her older brother was a blonde boy."

"Shit!" Sam yells.

"Watch your mouth! She's only four!" Seth yells back.

"Sorry, Maria." Sam grumbles like a scolded child. A giggle comes from the corner and Colby and Seth both freeze.

"Did you hear that?" Seth asks. Colby and Fiona nod while the others shake their heads. "Someone just giggled. Maria, are you here?" he says.

"Brother!" comes a little voice and then Sam flinches like he got hit in the gut. Everyone glances around looking for the source.

"Sam, you okay?" Josh asks.

"Yeah, just felt like a little kids slammed into me with a hug." he explained.

"Ummm, that's kind of 'cause she did." Fiona says chuckling. "Maria, that isn't your brother, but I bet if you play with their equipment later Sam here will read you your favorite story." She didn't speak to respond but there was a knock on the door that told me she liked that idea.

"She thinks I'm her brother?" Sam says with a sad tone.

"Based on pictures of the family I can see why." Fiona says grabbing a picture of the children from the dresser " You look just like him." she showed the cameras the picture of a boy in his mid teens who looks almost identical to Sam.

"Woah, well Maria, I can come read you a bedtime story later if you really want me to. Can you knock twice for yes and once for no?" Sam says shakily before two knocks come from the doorway.

"Alright how about we let Maria get some rest so she can have more energy to chat this evening and we can move on to Christopher and Emily's room." Fiona says as she guides us out of Maria's room and back into the hall.

"Looks like we know where Sam is doing his solo tonight." laughs Seth.