11│BONUS : SNOGGLETOG SURPRISE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ sᴛᴏʀᴍʙᴏʀɴ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ sɴᴏɢɢʟᴇᴛᴏɢ sᴜʀᴘɪsᴇ ꒱

❝ BE BRAVE & SEIZE
THE MOMENT. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Months after the battle with the Red Death, Berk's already cold climate became even colder. The temperatures dropped to a kind of balmy, fun-in-the-sun environment that would give you frostbite on your spleen. The snowfalls became more frequent and greetings of 'happy Snoggletog' soon rang in the air. On the less brutal days, the villagers were out and about as they decorated for the holiday season.

Daenerys Targaryen was especially looking forward to Snoggletog this year, for it was the first one that she would be spending with friends. Her winter holidays had always been cozy with her parents and dragons, but the prospect of celebrating with people her own age (and one person in particular) made her smile extra wide.

While her parents were still wary about the Vikings' reception of them and had yet to go into town, Dany made the commute almost everyday on her dragon, Drogon. She didn't even mind the arctic wind that whipped her silvery-blonde hair into knots, or how it made her cheeks pink from cold— she just made sure to bundle up even more. She looked forward to landing next to the chief's hut or the forge and warming her hands by the fire as she spent time with her best friend, Hiccup.

She'd only become friends with him earlier that year, but she already cared about him a great deal. At first she'd thought it was because he was the first friend she'd ever made, but after meeting Berk's other teens, she realized that she didn't feel the same way about them as she did about Hiccup. They didn't make her heart flutter in her chest, or make her look forward to each day so she could see them again. They didn't inspire her to collect the best rocks and give them as little gifts in the hopes of seeing the boy she liked smile. Dany had even made a special Snoggletog present for Hiccup (although, to be fair, she'd meant to give it to him ages ago. . . she'd just kept putting it off as it never seemed to be the right time.)

The blonde thought of all the differences between this Snoggletog and the last as she made her daily trip into town to meet up with the gang. She landed Drogon in the town square, which was the only area within the village that he could actually fit. Fishlegs was up on a ladder hanging decorations while Astrid was using Stormfly's spikes to pin shields to the Snoggletog tree.

"Are you ready, girl?" she asked as the Targaryen dismounted her dragon.

In response, her Deadly Nadder prepared her tail. Astrid tossed each shield up with a grunt as Stormfly's spikes nailed each one perfectly. Dany crossed the clearing over to the other girl with a grin. "At this rate, you'll best me in marksmanship in no time. I'm starting to get worried!"

The two girls got along much better after the conversation they'd had a few months ago. Astrid rolled her eyes. "Trust me, you've got nothing to worry about. I'll stick to my axe, thank you very much."

4 Months Ago

After things had settled down in Berk— or at least, as settled as they could be for a village full of stubborn Vikings— the teens had begun to hang out together more often, even including the once-outsiders Hiccup and Dany. For the most part, the blonde began to get used to their eccentricities, although there were some that she liked more than others. For example, she was uncomfortable around Snotlout, nervous around the Twins, but enjoyed Fishlegs' company. The only person whom she truly despised was Astrid, due to her belief that Hiccup still had feelings for the girl. She'd taken to pretending that Astrid didn't exist, often ignoring her comments or pretending like her voice was a fly buzzing in her ear.