7│INTO THE UNKNOWN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ sᴛᴏʀᴍʙᴏʀɴ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ꒱

❝ WHAT MY DAD WOULDN'T
GIVE TO FIND THIS ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Needless to say, Astrid's introduction to the dragons didn't go very well. Hiccup thought it might have gone better if the two girls hadn't threatened to kill each other— something he was still surprised about, from Dany's side at least, since even when he'd first met her, she hadn't been so hostile.

Toothless glided through the forest as they followed the blonde's escape, swooping down to catch her by the arm. Dany flew in lazy circles high above them on Drogon as she waited for him to smooth things out with Astrid, who was currently screaming due to her impromptu flight. They dropped her at the tip of a very tall tree so that her legs dangled hundreds of feet above the forest floor. The Night Fury's weight caused the tree to bend dangerously, (unintentionally) scaring her further.

"Hiccup, get me down from here!" the blonde demanded furiously.

"You have to give me a chance to explain," he begged, willing to risk inciting her anger further.

"I am not listening to anything you have to say!"

"Then I won't speak. Just let me show you." There was a pause before added, "please, Astrid."

She pulled herself up on the branch and he held a hand out to her— one that she predictably slapped away. Although Toothless was still clearly annoyed with her, he let her climb onto his back. She wasted no time in demanding, "now, get me down."

"Toothless, down. Gently."

While he fully intended to not make her any more uncomfortable than she already was, the Night Fury seemed to have other ideas. He snorted in what would soon be disagreement,  spreading his wings as the tree slowly straightened out. Hiccup turned to the girl reassuringly. "See? Nothing to be afraid of."

Then, Toothless took off from the branch with a hard flap of his wings, sending them soaring up towards Drogon. He gripped tightly to the dragon's back while Astrid, who was taken by surprise, went back to screaming.

"Toothless! What is wrong with you? Bad dragon!" he called over the rush of the wind. The blonde scrambled to anchor herself to him— a thought that would have thrilled him a month ago, but was now only a hindrance. "He's not usually like this!"

They leveled out at Drogon's height and Dany looked over at them with amusement. "It's about time. I thought you'd never join us!" Then, she got that mischievous look on her face— the one that reminded him of the twins— and his stomach sank. He heard her say clearly: "Drogon, dive!"

The large dragon folded his wings in and angled himself downward to plummet towards the ocean. Always eager to join his friend, Toothless followed suit, which prompted more screaming from the girl behind him. When they reached the water below, Drogon spread out his wings so he and Dany sailed just above the water, while Toothless happily leapt through the waves.

"Toothless, what are you doing?" Hiccup snapped, leaning towards his dragon's head. "We need her to like us!"

The Night Fury, deciding he had finished with the water, shot back into the air and started spinning again, this time more aggressively. Below, Drogon rumbled as if he was laughing at the other dragon's antics. Hiccup was quite certain that he even heard a very human laugh that got lost amongst the sound of the ocean.