Twenty Six

Patrick invited Andy and Joe to sit with them. And for some strange reason, the pair thought it was a good idea to accept. So the waiter pulled up two chairs.

To make room, Patrick slid his chair extremely close to Pete's. Their sides were smushed against each other. But Pete was just happy Patrick wasn't sitting on his lap anymore.

"This salmon is delicious, isn't it?" Pete asked Ryan, trying to make conversation.

"It's really good." But Ryan barely touched his.

"Do you like your meal, Patrick?"

Pete asked the question sarcastically. Patrick hadn't touched his food at all. The only thing that remained in his hand was that damn glass. Patrick just poured and poured. His eyes darted to Pete's and he smiled lazily.

"It's delicious."

"Don't you actually want to try it before recommending it so highly?"

"Oh, babe," He mushed Pete. "You're so funny."

"Am I?"

Pete glanced at Brendon for help. But the man just shrugged and went back to his dish. Brendon and Joe were the only ones actually eating.

"So, Andy, how long have you and Joe been fucking?" Patrick asked, sipping his drink.

Pete sighed. "Patrick, honey, is that appropriate dinner conversation?"

Patrick snapped his eyes to Pete and smiled fakely. "Yes, dear, it is." He turned back to his ex. "So?"

"Not until after you broke up!" Joe seemed to be pleading for Patrick to believe him. "I swear."

Patrick just giggled. Brendon clicked his tongue and placed his fork down. Lifting his glass.

"I need a fucking drink too."

"Let's toast!" Patrick said excitedly as he lifted his glass towards his friend's. "To man whores who waste a decade of your life and then fuck and marry one of your best friends."

"To man whores!" Brendon clicked their glasses together.

"Don't encourage him." Ryan scolded Brendon.

"I say we have another toast." Andy lifted his untouched glass. And of course it was untouched. Because Andy was a freaking straight edge vegan! "To hypocrites."

"Hypocrites?" Patrick asked. Filling his glass up again.

"Yes, to the hypocrites. Who move on and start fucking billionaires as soon as they're single. But get mad when other people move on as well."

"Watch it." Pete warned.

"Or maybe," Brendon chimed in. "We can toast to the friends who think it's okay to fuck another friend's high school sweetheart."

"I'll toast to that." Patrick touched glasses with him.

"Or, let's toast to-"

"I'm pretty sure this is an absurd amount of toast for a small dinner table." Ryan interrupted. Patrick, Brendon and Andy glared at him.

"He's right." Pete said. Turning all eyes on him. "Can we just eat?"

"I'm not hungry." Patrick muttered.

"You're definitely thirsty, though." Andy noted. "But you've always liked drinks, right?"

"You're over stepping." Pete warned him again.

"So what I enjoy a drink every now and then?"

"More now than then." Andy smirked.

"Oh fuck you!" Patrick slammed his glass down. Sending champagne droplets around the table.

"No, fuck you!" He shot back. "Oh wait, I've done that already." He looked at Pete from the corner of his eyes. "And I was first."

Pete pushed back from the table and stood. Causing the items on the table to shake slightly. Ryan stood just as quickly. Rushing over to Pete's side and holding onto his arm to keep him in place.

"He's not worth your reputation, Pete."

"Listen here you little inferior fucking tofu swallower. I will chew you up and spit you the fuck out. I can buy your entire family and still have billions of dollars in the fucking bank. So you hear these words and you listen really fucking good. If you ever so much as even murmer my boyfriend's name or look his way, I'll personally see to it that you no longer have eyes to see with. You come near him and I'll break your fucking legs. Smell him and I'll break by your fucking nose. You're a bright boy, I think you see where I'm going with this."

Pete's threat was whispered so low that the men at the table had to lean in to hear it. That should have made it less threatening but it wasn't. For some reason the calm whisper was scarier than yelling could ever be. Andy was staring up at him in shocked silence.

"We should go." Ryan let go of his arm. Hoping Pete wouldn't do anything stupid.

"Patrick." Pete held out his hand and the small man quickly got out of his seat to take it. "Have a good night." He nodded to Joe and Andy. "Take care of this." He whispered before passing Ryan and walking out.

Ryan waved the waiter over and the man rushed up.

"Here." He placed a thick stack of folded bills in the man's hands. "This should cover dinner."

"Of course." The man nodded.

"And this never happened." The man just stared at him. "Because we'd hate to have to buy this place and demo it, wouldn't we honey?" He turned to Brendon.

"Don't call me-".

"Wouldn't we?"

"We would." He rolled his eyes.

"So this never happened."

"Of course, sir." The man nodded quickly this time.

"Let's go, Brendon." Ryan began walking out.

Brendon lifted his glass from the table and held it up slightly. "We forgot to toast to little dicks." He whispered before tossing the remains of it on Andy.

"Brendon!"

"Coming!" He ran after Ryan.