One

Patrick walked with his head down out of the building he'd just left. Another major fail on getting one of his paintings purchased. That was the third one this week. Andy was going to be so disappointed in him.

He stopped when he saw a hotdog stand parked across the street. If nothing else could brighten his day, a street hotdog could. Looking both ways before hand, he rushed across the street. The fat, greasy man smiled up at him as he approached. Patrick smiled back. He loved smiling at people. A smile could brighten his day too.

"What can I do ya for?" The man asked.

"Just a hot dog with ketchup and mustard. Oh and lots of sauerkraut!"

"Coming right up!"

Patrick nodded and smiled at the man again. He began shifting his weight from one foot to the other. Looking everywhere but at the man. He didn't mean to be so awkward. He just didn't want to stare at the man until the hotdog was done. Then the man would think he was rushing him.

His eyes traveled around the front of the front of the stand. Decorated with candies and magazines. He would have loved one of those Snicker bars but he was already going against the diet Andy made for him by eating the hotdog. So that was a major no. He looked away from the candy and focused on the magazines.

One face on one of the magazine covers made Patrick pause. Cool, hazel eyes stared back at him. Looking directly into his soul. Thick black brows hovered over the eyes. Making them look even darker. Short, spiked, black hair on top of his head matched the eyebrows perfectly. Straight, perfect nose. Thin, pink lips. This man was perfection. From the top of his hair to the broad shoulders covered with a suit. Patrick wished it would have been a full body picture on the front of the magazine. He could just image what this man's body was like.

"Sheesh." Patrick could practically feel himself sweating as he lifted the magazine for a closer look.

"What you got there?" The man asked, holding the hotdog out to Patrick. He took it with his free hand. "Oh, that, that Wentz fellow?"

Patrick scanned over the magazine. The name Pete Wentz jumped out. "Uh, yeah."

"The dude whose always in that darn suit?" He looked over at the woman who'd just approached the stand. She must have read the question in his eyes. "You know, the multi-billionaire? Always wearing a suit. Whether it's summer or winter. You'd think with all that money, he'd buy other clothes."

Sure enough the man, Pete Wentz, was wearing a suit and tie. "He makes that suit work." Patrick found himself saying.

The woman laughed lightly. "I'll take my usual, Bob." The man nodded. She turned back to Patrick. "He is a looker, isn't he?"

"Yes he is." Under statement of the year goes to this woman!

"Too bad he's a homophobe." She sighed sadly. Digging in her bag for her money.

"H-He is?"

"Read the cover, darling." She smiled.

So he did. After admittedly staring at the picture again for a few seconds. The top had the huge name of the popular magazine. Under it it read. 'Pete Wentz's ex-fiance Meagan Camper finally speaks out. A small picture a beautiful brown haired girl crying was on the side panel of the magazine. Patrick kept reading. Another side title read, 'Billionaire heartthrob a raging homophobe?' Under that, there was a quote from the Meagan Camper girl. "It was hard living with him. He was always throwing words like faggot, queer and homo around. Once we passed a gay couple on the street and he told me how disgusting it was and how badly he wanted to beat them up for being 'fags'".

Patrick's eyes widened just reading the words. How could someone hate another person for who they were attracted to? The man was suddenly a lot less attractive to him. He placed the magazine back on the stand. Had he actually considered buying that thing just to look at the man's face? Yes. But not anymore. Pulling the money out of his pocket, he handed it to the man and walked off.