19, Friend Zone

Beginne am Anfang

"Ouch-"

"Sorry" the guy said in a thick Spanish deep tone, helping me up. I faced him and wondered on the familiarity of his cold features.

"You are..." I slurred in wonder "I think I know you"

"Zeke. Zeke Escobar. I got transferred to Allegro some weeks ago" He informed.

"Oh yeah, we've never spoken before" I said "Sorry, I wasn't looking"

"It's alright" he looked at me, pausing for a minute. This was very awkward.

"Okay then..." I trailed off, about to walk away when he gently held my arm.

"Umm... Kara... I know this must seem strange and out of context but I think I know you" he said.

I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion "You know me? No offense but I've never actually seen you before"

"Maybe you have but... you resemble someone from my past that I'm very close to and I lost 2 years ago from an accident" he said.

"Ohh and what happened to her?" I asked.

"It was a car accident, 2 years in France. I lived there for some years before moving to Italy for my studies. Actually, she was my bestfriend and after the accident, she fell into a coma. A year into it, I had to move" he explained "I couldn't stay and I just got informed some months ago that she had woken up and moved to Italy to her biological family"

"Well... that's quite strange" I chuckled "That's kind of what happened to me. I was in a coma for 2 years but I don't know the cause because I have amnesia. I moved in with my brothers and Casey some months ago"

"What a coincidence. I mean, you kind of have her character though you don't resemble physically" He said.

"What was her name?"

"Grace. Grace Sommerville" he said, removing a picture of him and the girl from his pocket and handing it to me.

I nearly gasped at the name, freezing in shock but the picture erased all doubt because the girl was exactly like me before I got the hair dye off my hair. In fact, the girl was me.

"Wait... how did you get this? I mean, this is- I'm confused..." I said.

"So it really is you!" He said with a smile tugging his lips "Grace or is it Kara now"

I faced him still trying to understand the new piece of information. So Zeke Escobar, the guy who fought with my brother and the entitled school's bad boy was my ex bestfriend?

"This is me. I may not look the same but... the doctor told me I wore blue contacts and my hair was dyed exactly like these before I had it removed" I pondered "This is a... Sorry, I can't remember you. That car must have hit me pretty hard"

"It's okay. I'm so happy having you back, Gr- Kara. I have to get custom to that" He said "I should gave stayed. Things just took a dramatic turn when you went into a coma"

"But I'm here now" I giggled "At least, I get to meet someone I was close to from my past"

He was about to reply but I hugged him, pulling him close. He hugged me back with a smile, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Can I get your number?" He asked, pulling away.

"Sure" I said as he handed me his phone. I quickly typed in my phone number and handed it back to him with a beaming smile.

"You basically just made my day" I informed him.

"Really? Having a bad day?" He asked.

"Just family issues" I replied "Lunch is soon over, I should get to class"