Walking down the staircase in rugged fashion was Blair's least favorite ex-Auror and Professor. Alastor Moody. "The hell they are. The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. Only an exceptionally powerful Confundus Charm could have hoodwinked it. Magic beyond the talents of any 17 year old." Maybe not least favorite any more.

Karkaroff stroked his beard, looking over at Blair. "One of them; I've heard rumors has the power to wield an ancient sort of magic. This is unfair to the other contestants. You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Moody."

The other professor chuckled humorlessly, "It was once my job to think the way Dark wizards do, Karkaroff. Perhaps you remember..."

The Headmaster took a step back from the two students, "Barty...I leave this to you."

Bartemius had been standing by the fire place with a preoccupied look. As he stared into the flames, Blair couldn't help, but notice that the ex-Auror was gazing at him rather intensely. She didn't have time to dwell on it further as the Wizard turned around to face them.

"The rules are absolute. The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract. We know this. If they don't participate, they die."

Professor Snape butted in, "If they do participate, they'll die."

"Truly appreciate the vote of confidence, Professor." Blair muttered as Harry gave her a 'be quiet' look. Although she didn't miss the way his lip twitched, fighting a smile.

Crouch persisted, "They have no choice. They are, as of tonight, Triwizard Champions."

Dumbledore nodded, "So be it. Everyone head back into the Great Hall to celebrate. Miss Bishop you will come with me to the Headmaster's office. I'm sure I already have someone there waiting for me."

A confused look passed over her face, but when the Headmaster Apparated with her—she shouldn't have been surprised to see Ominis leaning against the wall. His jaw was clenched, obviously ticked about something. She didn't have to guess hard about what it was.

"She can't participate." It was more of a demand than a request on his part.

The Headmaster sat down at his desk, opening a drawer. It revealed a thin gold chain, like a bracelet—but Blair had an ominous feeling about it.

"Blair. If you would please step up." She listened to him and watched as the chain flew over to her—latching on.

She looked at the Headmaster, startled. "What is that?"

"The Ministry created it, in the event you would be chosen. I didn't expect we'd have to use it." He informed her gravely, "It will seal your ancient magic abilities. You will go into the tournament with a fair chance. The bracelet cannot be taken off until someone has retrieved the Triwizard Cup in the final task."

Ominis slammed his hands on the desk, startling again only her. "She has known about the Wizarding World all of six months. She was welcomed into the school late and now you're telling me she has to compete in a dangerous magical tournament without it?"

"I told you none of that. You inferred it all. But yes, you're correct." Professor Dumbledore sighed heavily, "She has no choice. If she refuses, she dies. At least participating will give her the option to live. The tournament has changed—no one will die."

"Harry didn't put his name in, either—did he?" Ominis' voice was quiet, unseeing eyes squinting as he listened for any sign that Dumbledore would lie.