Chapter Thirty Nine

A couple books dropped on the table beside her, causing her to flinch.

"This seat taken?"

She looked up, seeing Ominis looking down at her with a smirk. The sudden image of a Serpent looking down at a mouse flashed behind her eyes. She looked around for a moment. A warm sensation crawled up her neck, causing a blush to rise.

Her.

Ominis.

They were alone in the back corner of the library.

And by his expression, the Serpent was famished.

Who Really Won the Bet? - MATURE SMUT AHEAD. DOUBLE CHAPTER

"The seat is taken." Blair lied easily, watching as his smirk grew.

In true Ominis Gaunt fashion, he didn't care, and sat down anyway. "I don't see anyone sitting here. That means its free for the taking."

She raised her eyebrow at the self-deprecating blind joke. "Ron is still convinced you're not blind."

"Ronald is an idiot. The sooner he realizes that, the better for Hermione who is too good for him." Ominis replied simply, leaning his back against the chair.

Blair peered over at the books he'd brought. "Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean and Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs." She read aloud, glancing over at him. "What made you check these books out?"

It was just before Supper and with everyone having left for the Great Hall, the lights in the Library had dimmed in preparation for a quiet evening. Madam Irma Prince had even stepped out for Supper, but she'd return shortly. After all, she was unpleasant, but had an unconditional love for her books. She was even worse than Madam Scribner.

"They may be helpful. Professor McGonagall caught me outside and told me to tell you we have permission to enter the Restricted Section." He held up a black iron, enchanted key. "Care to lead this crippled wizard into a dark, dimly lit corner?"

The promise was in his inviting smile. Blair's lips twitched fighting her own smile. "Ominis, I need to actually do some research. The tournament is a week and a half away. I have ten days to think of a way to survive underwater."

He grabbed the second book title she read out loud and then held out his hand, "And you will be doing some research."

She squinted at him, placing her hand in his with raising suspicion. "What are you up to?"

He led her towards the Restricted Gate which hadn't change since her and Sebastian snuck through it a hundred years ago. Although they both had good intentions with finding the book they needed, she was convinced Ominis had a naughty plan up his Slytherin sleeve.

Unlocking the gate with a subtle click, he turned his head partially towards her and spoke innocently, "I'm helping you do some research. What could possibly be making you so suspicious? Do you want me to do something? You came close a couple nights ago." He paused, "Actually let me rephrase that. You came numerous times, but you've yet to beg me haven't you?"

"Ominis." She reprimanded, pushing him gently through the door as she heard voices entering the Library.

He winked, "That's a start." He closed the gate behind him, reaching in between the bars and locking it again. Ominis placed the key in his pocket, "I'd hate for someone to disturb your studying."