15: The Edge

(Bonnie's POV)

Bonnie could only be exhausted.

Through the battle, all she could think was: I need to protect Foxy. And it was true. Foxy should have been unconscious. His head lolling back, his heels skittering across the grassy field as Ben pulled him along grudgingly.

Bonnie was afraid, too. Not for herself, but for all her friends. Chica and Freddy had fallen into the giant sinkhole. Ben and Foxy would most likely not make it without any injuries. Ben was only nine years old. Pulling Foxy along would have been such a difficult task for the young boy.

Bonnie didn't want to think about what would have happened if she had failed. She knew that it was important for some plan for all of them to stay alive. What would have happened if they all died? What then?

She pushed those thoughts aside. There was something large at stake.

Still, as she shot multiple beams of light at Jonathan, she couldn't help but look over to the ever expanding sinkhole. For Freddy. For Chica. For them to finally shoot out. It scared her to think that she had lost each of her friends to the mountain's hunger.

She had to protect her friends. Her thoughts were getting on her nerves.

Jonathan screamed to Bonnie, the voice more distant and less close. "Your power is impressive! The one you have is still not strong enough." He smiled a sickening smile. "Your friends are weak. You are weak."

Bonnie's face twisted with rage. "You are the reason why we've gotten into this mess! You will never love anyone. You are composed of hatred and violence. Your life is . . ." So much anger. So much rage. ". . . MEANINGLESS!"

All of her anger flooded through her veins, coursing through every fiber and nerve in her body. Her vision tinted indigo, adrenaline flooding every inch of her body, she let the power well up at her fingertips. She tensed and pulsed and watched as the amount of power that welled up inside of her prepared to be set free.

Then, she screamed. Her power ripped straight from her arms and was sent flying at Jonathan. His glowing white eyes seemed to dilate with fear as the stream of indigo flew at him.

With a terrified and pain-riddled scream, the energy collided with Jonathan's body. Even from the distance, Bonnie could see that he was shaking with fear. Maybe she had won it all now.

She looked back to Ben and Foxy, only to see that they had traveled a tremendous amount, traveling down the hill. Now that she had Jonathan subdued, she could run.

POV Switch to Chica

The light of the surface grew and grew as Freddy pounded his wings over and over. The growing speed was doubled by how fast the sinkhole was spreading.

"You alright?" Freddy asked.

Chica nodded. It was exhilarating, yet terrifying. "Yeah," she replied instinctively.

Chica held close to Freddy, not wanting to let go. She knew that they could make it to the surface and that they would truly need to fight Jonathan. They had gotten what they needed--Freddy's life. Now they needed to find civilization, wherever they were.

The surface seemed to swallow them now as they broke it. Chica rested her head on Freddy's shoulder and looked at the horrible sight of rocks breaking loose and falling into the wide sinkhole. In a way, it was beautiful.

"Jonathan seems subdued," Freddy examined as he glided across the dark depths of the sinkhole. Chica craned her neck to look at the direction they were headed.