22: TEENAGE DRAMA???

Start from the beginning

"I don't think I need to be loud when you and your friends are already contributing to the noise pollution?"

Oops.

He didn't mean to be sarcastic.

The other students looked offended by what he said, but Klaus didn't budge.

"Do your ears still hurt?" Klaus asked worriedly. "I knew you should have rested more."

[???]

Was it just Zirkus' imagination or Klaus was really worried about him?

What happened to this brat?

[And Klaus is looking at me now even though he used to say my face offends him.]

Was it...

[The power of friendship???]

Argh, Zirkus got the goosebumps.

Klaus snapped his fingers as if to get Zirkus' attention. "Hey. Are you listening to me?"

"Not really," Zirkus said, then he knitted his eyebrows. "What are you doing here anyway? We're not in the same class."

"Ey, it's just self-study time for all the classes in our year~" Klaus said cheerfully. "Is it wrong to visit a friend?"

[???]

Zirkus pointed at himself. "Me? Am I your friend?"

"You proved yourself as a very good friend when you helped protect me during the robbery," Klaus said, grinning. The brat even put an arm around Zirkus' shoulders. "Your face isn't my type, but I love the loyal type. So, I'm giving you the privilege to be my friend, Zirkus."

THAT WAS SO CRINGE.

[This brat is even calling me by my first name as if we're close.]

Zirkus thought he was going to die from too much cringe.

"Klaus, you're here?"

Their classmates gave way to the person who arrived.

Yelena?

[Noonim is also from a different class.]

"I thought Zirkus would be lonely, so I came to play with him," Klaus said cheerfully. "What are you doing here, Yelena?"

"I'm here to ask Zirkus to join me for lunch," Yelena said, then she turned to Zirkus. "Let's eat together, Zirkus. My treat."

[???]

"Oh, then let me join, too," Klaus said cheerfully, then he grabbed Zirkus by the arm and pulled him up. "Let's go!"

Zirkus was shocked when Klaus dragged him as if he was as light as paper.

[This kid is scary!]

***

"YELENA, I heard you were hurt. Why didn't you call me?"

"Rivo was so worried about you, Yelena."

Blergh.

Zirkus felt like he was going to have an indigestion while watching the ~drama~ happening right in front of his salmon.

[Do these kids think they're filming a drama?]

He was having lunch with Yelena and Klaus in the dining hall when the Heavenly Trio arrived.

By 'Heavenly Trio,' he meant Enzo, Rivo Creswell, and Nixie Winslet.

"Are you sure you're okay now, Yelena?" Rivo Creswell, sitting beside Yelena, asked worriedly. "Should we head to the hospital so they could give you a full check-up?"

"I also have some potion with me," Nixie, sitting on Yelena's other side, said. "It's good for recovering..."

"I'm fine," Yelena said, smiling at Rivo Creswell and Nixie Winslet. "I'm sorry for making you worry. I hope what happened to me didn't ruin your vacation."

Boom.

[Noonim is really savage.]

Rivo Creswell and Nixie Winslet, who were on a vacation together when Yelena almost died, turned red as if they were embarrassed.

"Ahem."

Zirkus didn't turn to Klaus who was obviously trying hard not to laugh at the situation.

"Yelena, I'm really sorry," Rivo Creswell said, his voice full of remorse. "Had I known you'd be in danger, I would have gone with you."

"But you didn't," Yelena said "cheerfully." "It's okay, though. I know my place."

"Yelena, please don't be too hard on Rivo," Nixie Winslet said, obviously upset. "He's trying."

Yelena turned to Nixie Winslet with a full smile. "Are you Rivo's spokesperson now, Nixie?"

The table suddenly turned cold.

Even Klaus immediately shut his mouth.

Only the sound of Enzo's knife hitting the plate echoed in the suddenly quiet dining hall.

[Everyone is busy listening to the drama, huh?]

Zirkus, on the other hand, felt his indigestion coming.

[I need to throw up.]

***

ZIRKUS FELT better after throwing up and washing his face.

He ran to the washroom while Yelena, Rivo Creswell, and Nixie Winslet were "filming" a drama.

[Aigoo.]

He flinched when he realized that the water was colder than normal.

Then it reminded him that ~winter was coming.~

It only meant one thing.

"I need to leave the academy soon," Zirkus whispered to himself. "When should I submit my drop-out form?"

"You're leaving the academy?"

He flinched when he heard the familiar voice, then he turned around to face the owner. "Enzo?"

[I didn't even feel his presence...]

"Where are you going, Zirkus Huxford?" Enzo asked in a lowkey angry voice, his golden eyes glowing menacingly. "Who said you can leave the academy without my permission?"

[Excuse me?]

Zirkus knitted his eyebrows. "Why do I need your permission to quit the academy?"