But, I Don't Want to be Just Friends! (Finale)

Author Note:

Tolkien uses a lot of outdated language saying he isn't 'normal' for how he feels or that he doesn't love like he's 'supposed to'. Just know, that it's normal to be gay! And there is no way you are supposed to love!

Love,

ThatBOHOcat

-

Birds sing as a very tired Tolkien wakes up in his bed. With no memory of last night, he stretches his arms and groans. He looks over to his left and sees his best friend, asleep on his bed.

"What the fuck?!" Tolkien gets up from his bed and panics. Did they fuck?? What happened last night? Tolkien looks down and realizes that both him and Clyde are wearing clothes. Although, Clyde is wearing Tolkien's clothes while his actual clothes are still on the floor, forgotten from the night prior.

Tolkien starts to pick up his best friend's clothes as he hears the other wake up. "Well good morning sunshine."

"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" Clyde asks.

"Uh buddy, in case you didn't know, this is my room."

"Oh. Oh." Clyde blushes, "Did we-"

"No, we didn't fuck." Tolkien interrupts.

"Oh, then what happened-" Clyde stops himself as he remembers what went down last night. "Oh... right."

"Yeah," Tolkien shows the other his clothes, "I am going to go wash these, so you will have to stay here until they are done being cleaned."

"Okay, thanks bro." Clyde stretches, then pauses, "Dude, where's your bathroom again?"

"Why? Need to throw up?" Clyde nods, "On the left."

Clyde ran over to the bathroom to go throw up. Tolkien sighed and walked downstairs to go wash Clyde's clothes and get him some hangover medicine. He put the clothes inside the washer and turned it on. It would take about 30 minutes to wash the clothes then he would have to go over to put it in the dryer. That would then again take 30 minutes.

So at least Clyde would have to stay for about an hour before Tolkien could kick him out. Tolkien cracked his back and walked over to the medicine cabinet in the downstairs bathroom. He didn't even know if his parents had hangover medicine, but luckily, they did. It just was in a small unnoticeable bottle all the way in the back. He went over to the kitchen to see Clyde walking down the stairs.

"Hey," Clyde looked at his best friend to see the other trying to keep distance from him. "Oh, don't worry dude. I saw some mints in your bathroom so I grabbed those to make sure my breath didn't smell. Also, I washed my face as well."

"Okay..." Tolkien said slowly, he passed Clyde the medicine, "Here, to help with your hangover."

"Thanks,"

There was a bit of silence between the two as Clyde took the medicine. Tolkien took a moment to study Clyde's face. In the least gay way possible, of course.

Tolkien could tell from the look on Clyde's face that he had something to tell him. There was no doubt about that. He knew it had to deal with their mutual attraction towards each other, but that wasn't a conversation Tolkien wanted to have. He would make Clyde bring it up, not him.

Tolkien let his gaze wonder as he looked down at Clyde's shirt. Er— Tolkien's shirt. Gosh, for some reason Tolkien didn't really mind Clyde wearing his shirt. Well, he did know the reason why, but he didn't have the strength to admit it right now.

"Uh..." Clyde looked at his friend, "Tolkien? Why are you just... staring like that at me?"

"W-what?" Tolkien snapped out of his thoughts, "Oh-! I'm sorry, I guess I was in a bit of a daze..."