Prologue

Aela Cosette Matsuyama, 18 years old. Tired. I am living with my mom and step dad together with my two step sisters; Railey and Agatha. My parents divorced when I was still 7. And last week my mom and step dad celebrated their 10th anniversary. I am living peacefully -alone, yet with them? Hell. They made me feel like I do not belong in our family.

I graduated on top of my class in grade school and also in high school. In senior high school, I received tons of award; Best in research, Mathematician of the year, Scientist of the year, Best editor in chief, Dean's Lister and even With Highest Honor. But all that was nothing to my mom, she was so busy trying to win my step sisters that she didn't even came to my graduation.

I do not have any single friend I can go to when I need help. It was just me ever since.

I tried going to my dad, to just talk, maybe a coffee with him, but he is busy planning his wedding with his girlfriend. And again, I felt like it was just me against the world.

I'm taking up Architecture, when originally, I wanted to be a lawyer.

My whole life was a mess. And all I ever wished was to live somewhere where I can finally feel at peace. Somewhere where a happy me exist. Somewhere – maybe in another universe.