ONE. Half a dead body? I'm in.

Alex's eyebrow rose in response to the comment his friend made

Alex's eyebrow rose in response to the comment his friend made. He had been spending the past hour watching last season's lacrosse tapes in preparation for tomorrow's practice when Isaac berated him for being unresponsive.

"Alex, are you even listening to me?" The boy called out from his phone which was propped up against his laptop screen.

Meeting his blue eyes on FaceTime, he gave his friend a smile. "I'm always listening to you, buddy."

"Really?"

"Hundred percent." He lied.

A sarcastic smirk tugged at the blonde's lips. "So, what'd I say just now?"

Alex tilted his head as his brain began to scramble. "Just now?"

Isaac cheekily nodded his head, awaiting an answer. He knew that his best friend didn't have an answer because every time he would get into lacrosse mode, he'd tune everyone and everything out.

"You must've said something about your GPA, right?" Alex's eyes narrowed. He guessed, hoping the golden boy would confirm his guess.

To his surprise, Isaac smiled as if he was correct then immediately gave him a straight face, "Close. I was actually saying that you consume so much lacrosse, I'm surprised you haven't turned into a lacrosse stick."

"Ha. ha. Very funny. You're just jealous that your dad won't let you try out this year." His gaze averted back to his laptop, clicking play on the footage.

Isaac rolled his eyes knowing that his friend was right, it was always about grades in his household while his best friend was good at school, sports, and girls. Other guys wanted to be him, hell they even wanted to fuc—

"Isaac?" Alex called to him.

"Yeah— yeah. What's up?" He cleared his throat, blinking a few times to get the thought out of his head, "I'm totally listening to you right now." Alex's face read turmoil as Isaac just smiled innocently.

"You're so weird."

"Anyway, I was asking how it was going wit—"

Before he could finish his question, Alex heard his voice being called repeatedly from across the hall. He stopped talking, leaning towards the door, debating by the tone of his voice how urgent his brother needed him.

"Is that Scott?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah."

"On a scale from one to ten, how bad is it?"